Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Character Creation

I dont remember where i heard it but i know they mentioned that their character creation would be extremely indepth. Maybe we'll get something similar to what BDO is offering?

How much time do you guys actually spend in the character creation screen? I myself can end up spending over an hour if I have many options haha. I feel like it's the first really big important decision you make for the game and your character.

Comments

• Options
    Like you said, it depends on the amount of options I have. If I have a slider for every part of the face, etc. You bet I'm going to mess with all of them. 

So I could definitely spend a long time on my character. I mean, you're going to spend a ton of time with that character! Hopefully we get some great customization.
  • Options
  • Options
    If I know a game offers a shallow customizer I simply make sure I look okay and play. However with indepth customization I spend enough time to make sure I look how I want my character to be. Maybe 45mins?

Considering AoC will provide an out of game customizer I will spent a lot of time to really refine how my character will look. I expect hours. B)
  • Options
    I can definitley spend forever on customization ;)
  • Options
    I intend to spend many days and many sleepless nights making the perfect face... which I'll cover up with a helmet the moment I get one.
  • Options
    You can always spend a lot of time in Customization  :DB)
  • Options
    Spend one day on character customisation, don't see any part of character body in whole game
  • Options
    drdebica said:
    Spend one day on character customisation, don't see any part of character body in whole game

Yes, most likely the people who backed the game have a day early start is just to customize there character :smiley::smiley:!
  • Options
    Steven actually said they may put out the character creator ahead of game launch so you can take your time and save it so you can be ready to just log in for launch. I believe BDO did this as well. 
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    Steven actually said they may put out the character creator ahead of game launch so you can take your time and save it so you can be ready to just log in for launch. I believe BDO did this as well. 
    Yeah I love this.

In this case I will likely spend days on creating my character.  :p
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    Sintu said:
    Yeah I love this.

In this case I will likely spend days on creating my character.  :p
    Exactly - I'm far to hyped to play a game on launch so I don't spend much time making my character xD However with a character creator prior to launch helps me design the character I want to be - properly xD
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    Oh, being able to save your creation for use later I would definitely like. Nothing sucks more than getting in game and finding the in game lighting makes a certain skin color unflattering to you and then having to go BACK and try to re-create what you had just done (yes, I've done this and resorted to even righting things down!)
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    That would be great :o
  • Options
    The longest I have spend on character creation is in Skyrim.
    I had a lot of mods installed, and I could "mix" races. It took me about six hours. So naturally, I never wore a hood, helm, or mask.
  • Options
    I can spend anywhere between 5 minutes and 5 years to make my character so yeah.
  • Options
    If the creation of characters is as good as BDO (which as said before is what the deck are going for) then I'd see myself spending a lot of time making my characters. i also really would like to have a hide helm function to show off all me hard work
  • Options
    If I had a lot of choices I would take quite a long time making it look like me as much as possible but if there is not many choices them I'd be quite quick
  • Options
    I'm probably gonna make a nice looking character and then a silly looking character after. Just because playing a silly looking character is fun