Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Mounts - The Key to Happiness

2»

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Zastro said:
    Shakacon said:

I just finished reading the Q&A on Discord chat by Steven, one of the devs.  He said that we can only use a skin for one character, but that later on we can remove that skin access from that character and give it to another character. 

So, you cannot have two characters with your Runic stallion skin on your mount, but you can switch it back and forth between them.

I guess that also means that even if someone steals your mount from you, they cannot still the actual skin.  Does anyone know for sure if someone can steal your mount from you?  I know they can steal supplies because I read that in Discord.

I don't think it has been said whether or not you can still someone's mount. I wouldn't think you would, but who knows.

Do you mean steal?  as still would be to make the mounts calm.
  • You will NOT be able to steal people skins, you will be able to kill their mounts. It has not been determined whether that will be a permanent loss (not likely) but more of a have to respawn the mount thing. They have not stated whether mounts will be able to attack back and do damage. Many things to be clarified and locked in over the next year and all subject to change before Live release.
    edited July 2017
    T-Elf said:
    Zastro said:
    Shakacon said:

I just finished reading the Q&A on Discord chat by Steven, one of the devs.  He said that we can only use a skin for one character, but that later on we can remove that skin access from that character and give it to another character. 

So, you cannot have two characters with your Runic stallion skin on your mount, but you can switch it back and forth between them.

I guess that also means that even if someone steals your mount from you, they cannot still the actual skin.  Does anyone know for sure if someone can steal your mount from you?  I know they can steal supplies because I read that in Discord.

I don't think it has been said whether or not you can still someone's mount. I wouldn't think you would, but who knows.

Do you mean steal?  as still would be to make the mounts calm.

• Hopefully, we do not lose our mounts forever if they are killed by annoying PVP players.  That is the main thing I didn't like about Skyrim.  If they killed my horse, I had to earn another $1,000 to purchase a new one.  Eventually, I started saving the game before a dragon battle or climbing cliffs and then resetting back to that save point if my mount died.  Having to endure getting a new mount whenever someone decided to kill me would pretty much make me quit the game fairly quickly.
  • So most of the flying mounts won't be able to fly free/ high? That is quite disappointing honestly. Been playing Dark and Light (Survival / RPG Game) these past few days and taking your flying mount over mountains and through High Passes is by far making the game SO much more amazing. 

I do like the side designs though, super interesting.
  • Vhanz said:
    So most of the flying mounts won't be able to fly free/ high? That is quite disappointing honestly. Been playing Dark and Light (Survival / RPG Game) these past few days and taking your flying mount over mountains and through High Passes is by far making the game SO much more amazing. 

I do like the side designs though, super interesting.

@Vhanz,

I know exactly what you mean.  When Everquest2 added flying mounts the games, I had the best time ever.  I still feel that it was the best change they ever did to the game.  I have the worst "Mario" skills in the world and it enabled me to finally get around safely and quickly.  But I can understand their point.  They want us to explore the world around us and feel immersed in it.  However, I do hope after they have given us a year or so to enjoy the game, they will create a way in which we can tame our own dragon to fly if we want to make the considerable effort to do so. :)

• nagash said:
    Holy Hell, they were sure given a lot of freedom in dreaming stuff up!

Might as well shoot for the moon....can I haz a doomwheel plz?

come at me skaven 
    Typical cheating Lich

/Walks away mumbling something about not using TK assets when he's a Vampire Count......
  • I know that only having gliding mounts rather than everyone being able to have a flying mount is kind of disappointing, however I am really looking forward to the immersible aspect of the travel times that will hopefully result. 

Yes I want to find a dragon egg, or be the king (queen of a citadel) and take to the skies... but honestly... if I can climb up a mountain and glide down I'll be just as happy! :blush:
  • Why would you need a mount? From what we've seen of this game, you can sprint all day long.
  • Why would you need a mount? From what we've seen of this game, you can sprint all day long.
    ...troll?
  • Flying mounts would be problematic because we have open world with PvP and bypassing that aspect would just hurt the game itself. So i guess we will stick with ground mounts and flying ones are more like part of fast travel system. 

I guess there will be lots of puppies, eggs (as rare drops/rewards) for breeding and players raise the mounts by themself. I hope there will be also crafting involved this and different kind of saddles, caparisons, armors and such can be added to mounts to decorade them look unique or even boost some stats. I see lots of possibilities here. :-)
  • But yes i want my Tempest steed. ;-)

• Was in need of a bit of happiness, so I changed my profile pic to my favorite mount

• The rarity of flying mounts will make them such a treasure for the screenshots alone!
    edited August 2017
    Flying kills the life of world PvP. No thanks for flying ("Few feet off the ground" must be reachable or Riot)
    edited August 2017
    We do not need a flying mount. If you explore the world, it is only on foot. Overcome obstacles, and do not fly around.
    edited August 2017
    Shakacon said:

Thanks for the cool photos, Lexmax.  They are quite spectacular.

Very true, Gravity and Wizard.  Taming my own mounts or pets would be quite fun.  But I am happy with my runic stallion I already have waiting for me from my kickstarter pledge.  I do so love having a mount from day one. :)  It's just that I enjoy collecting mounts, so I look forward to all of the ways I can get additional mounts. 

I think you'll be able to breed them too.

I don't know if you actually tame the in the wild though.

It'd be neat to have joint ownership of mounts too like for a guild or couple.

nagash said:
       The True key to Happiness is the ALPHA KEY to Ashes!
    I agree

The key to happiness is making love you silly goofs! ♥ 
  • However, does anyone know about their own mount / pet store?
  • Hay Shakacon you can get shadowmere or arvak if you don't want your horses to be gone when they die in skyrim. =D Shadowmere is from the Dark Brotherhood quests and Arvak is from the Vampire quests.
  • As long as the speed increase isn't too much. Fast travel ruins MMO's

~ Rhapsody ~