Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Guild Housing: Thoughts?

Okay, so I coudnt find this anywhere myself, so i figured id make one. Whats everyones thoughts on guild housing? I think being able to choose a place to put down say a fort and kinda have a snap-to-place building system would be a cool feature, setup a place with the banners of your guild, would allow people to see the power of a guild. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Already planned...would be kind of useless to have sold a whole tier of KS at 1000 aimed at guilds and to include Kickstarter Exclusive - Guildhall appearance if it wasn't in game.
  • Options
    So as you build up an area with other players you will populate that node and increases its level. Most likely this will lead to you join a good group of friendly players and you can start buying a home at the village stage. This home will upgrade as the node upgrades. The overall government can also make apartments exc, so all housing in a community will essentially be your "guild housing". When someone comes into your node/city they will see the housing, and the housing will represent its residents. It's gonna be cool ;)
  • Options
    Thats kinda what i figured, although i didnt know if doing the housing, if you could have friends come by. some games dont allow you too.

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Types of guild "buildings"
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Types of guild "buildings"
    • Guild halls (video link)
    • Siegable guild halls, called fortresses (video link)
    • Castles (link)
    • Guild housing (video link) this may be referring to guild specific housing or to the building types listed above.
    Teachers Pet!!!
  • Options
    mjr121 said:
    Thats kinda what i figured, although i didnt know if doing the housing, if you could have friends come by. some games dont allow you too.

For your individual housing you will have a permissions list similar to other games that will allow you to set access to your house. For example, public or private, just a friends list that will allow them access, and even allow certain people access to modify things like placement of static objects. While we know that you will be able to rent stalls in the "center" of town to vendor items, no definitive answer on whether you will be able to place vendor npcs that will sell crafted items at your freehold, guildhall, in-town house, or in-town instanced apartment as of yet.
  • Options
    Alright, thanks. ill have to rewatch some of the videos case i missed something. Im still hoping they do something like a snap-to-build system to custom make buildings