Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Fall damage and pushing people off

Will there be fall damage in the game, and if so, will there be any sort of powers/abilities to push/pull your targets around?  I personally love full radius and cone directed attacks that push the target out to X distance (and off a cliff), and knocks them down.  I'm hoping there are abilities like that in this game as part of the whole cc ideals.  

With the above said, can we please get some points of interest that are really close to some cliffs/bridges?  Just sayin... 

Comments

• Options
    id be very displeased without fall damage. im sure they willmake falldamage a thing. most all mmos do. and this spells like levitation. they would be useless without fall damage
  • Options
    Dwarf Racial, Bone Density, less fall damage!
  • Options
    they announced that tanks will have a pull skill
  • Options
    So much fun to push someone off a cliff. Hope this is in game!!!
  • Options
    Or a CC like fear or hysteria that forces enemies off of ledges and cliff faces!Sintu said:

• Options
    Or a CC like fear or hysteria that forces enemies off of ledges and cliff faces!Sintu said:

I'm going to spend some time camped out while cloaked out on some bridges....for science of course.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Yep, just realize that using skills on people who are "green" and the environment kills them will most likely get you flagged "red". Fully plan to test all the workarounds in alpha so those that try to exploit the mechanics get a nice surprise.
    Also, while it may give you shits and giggles to push your buddy "Fred" off that cliff, realize that death has a negative exp mechanic(TBD) to it regardless of how it is done. Not going to have many friends left if you piss them all off with an exp debt that takes x amount of time to work off.
  • Options
    Warkov said:

I'm going to spend some time camped out while cloaked out on some bridges....for science of course.
    I would expect nothing less, I'll focus on my pew pew abilities!
  • Options
    Warkov said:

If you can pull off clicking the "wand of many things" as they go flying off the side I think it would benefit your research greatly.   
  • Options
    Yep, just realize that using skills on people who are "green" and the environment kills them will most likely get you flagged "red". Fully plan to test all the workarounds in alpha so those that try to exploit the mechanics get a nice surprise.
    I thought you are flagged red if you initiate an attack against them, not necessarily if you win, is that not true?
  • Options
    Warkov said:

I would expect nothing less, I'll focus on my pew pew abilities!
    Now we just need to figure out if any caravan paths will cross bridges or precarious cliff faces.
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    Warkov said:

If you can pull off clicking the "wand of many things" as they go flying off the side I think it would benefit your research greatly.   
    Hmmm indeed.  I need to recruit you to my research team.
  • Options
    Warkov said:
    I thought you are flagged red if you initiate an attack against them, not necessarily if you win, is that not true?
    You are flagged red on the death of someone who was flagged green and doesn't attack back. You will gain a level of corruption based off of difference in level. When you die after that (and you will) your exp debt will be 3x normal as stated right now. What people have been throwing around is that "I'm gonna attack that green, not kill them, drag mobs or push them off a cliff, loot their body, and not get corruption." I see a bit of shock and rage here once alpha hits, they try it, then find out that they are tagged red.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    fall dmg and a body swap skill on a mage-like class for max fun pls :D
  • Options
    Roxx said:
    fall dmg and a body swap skill on a mage-like class for max fun pls :D
    Jump off and then body swap!  Love it!
  • Options
  • Options
    I am fairly certain the answer to these things is yes. They said that tanks can manipulate the battlefield. Height differences are part of a battleground, so I imagine there are skills that push people back, or create a distance in some way, for most, if not all classes. 
  • Options
    One of my favorite memories from SWTOR was playing as a Sith and force pushing mobs off the ledge.  Great fun.  :)
  • Options
    So long as people can't just push people of cliffs to avoid the any penalties for killing them I am all for it... I have always loved the idea of using the environment to kill things
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Fall damage you say?

• Options
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Pushing someone off a cliff? Too mainstream. Why not mind control people and make them suicide? 
    Just kidding, please don't make this a boss mechanic >.> with people's reaction time you'd be already throwing yourself off before a cleanse is cast on you
  • Options
    Possum said:
    One of my favorite memories from SWTOR was playing as a Sith and force pushing mobs off the ledge.  Great fun.  :)
    Or the lumber mill in Arathi Basin
  • Options
    MInd control and being able to knock someone off a ledge only adds more to the game IMHO.   As far as dying from the fall, if you would if it was a natural fall then yes or at least damage if the fall is not that great.  
     It also should be counted as corruption if your action caused the death.  
  • Options
    MInd control and being able to knock someone off a ledge only adds more to the game IMHO.   As far as dying from the fall, if you would if it was a natural fall then yes or at least damage if the fall is not that great.  
     It also should be counted as corruption if your action caused the death.  

Should only get corruption if they are green or rather if killing them would normally give corruption yes?
  • Options
    Egolego said:
    Possum said:
    Or the lumber mill in Arathi Basin
    This ^

While kitty stealthed of course
  • Options
    I remember in Warhammer Online (pretty sure it was this game) up in the mountain passes people would sit on their horses and as others would go past they would have the horse kick them off the cliff to fall to their death.

It was pretty funny.