Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I Disagree With The Intrepid Team's Position on Equipment Inspection!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    lexmax said:
    Since Ashes is oriented toward horizontal progression, I don't think gear is going to play as bigger role as other MMORPGs. From what Intrepid have hinted at, encounters are going to be reliant on class abilities and augments.

This remains to be seen in playtesting, but to my mind the Ashes meta will likely be strategic: "have we got X Y Z classes/augments in the group and do they know the mechanics" because using these abilities correctly is the only way to beat the encounter; rather than "do we have max level gear or max level H/DPS" as in other games.

If raid and dungeon encounters are mostly strategic rather than numerical (and I hope they are), then Ashes will be a paradigm shift from what we are used to in mainstream MMOs.
    Hope we have big bags for all that gear then :p, unless it's weight based (which it seems to be), then I guess get used to sitting out for some content.
  • Options
    Marenor said:

I got one... why not just fight in a duel?
    Probably because it is not worth it.  The outcome of a duel would not affect IS and their decision making and if it does not make a difference I am not getting out of my chair.  Laziness may be the solution to world peace.

What I mean is to find out if the person meets the "standards" for your raid group
  • Options
    I agree with Intrepid's stance on this topic.

Why do you need to inspect gear? Surely AoC will have the standard Shift+Click to link items into chat? Can't you just ask a person to link the equipment in chat?

This is probably an unpopular stance but I don't agree with making systems that make the game require less conversation. I think tools like: LFG, Party Finders, Auto-Pathing and Inspection make a games community feel less alive since there's a lot less discussion going on in general.
  • Options
  • Options
    Image result for popcorn meme
  • Options

I just wanted to give an opinion =C

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Marenor said:
    The word pop-up just brings bad thoughts to mind.  Imagine walking through a city and having some number of people ask to see your gear or just one repeatedly ask.

That's not at all what I suggested, you miss read.

What I meant is only you have the button to link your gear when you want to. And you can use it when you want to, or never if you don't want to.

But once you do click it (and only after you click it), there is pop up that warns you that you are about to link your gear, just to warn you what you are about to do. There doesn't need to be any pop up after you use that button for what I'm concerned.

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    XombieCrisis said:

Seriously we're still doing this??
    See key word here also is optional. You do not have to read this thread if you desire not to. :)

People being to weak, and coming in anyway even if they don't have to, well... that's another issue. :D Not our problem though.
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    XombieCrisis said:

Seriously we're still doing this??
    See key word here also is optional. You do not have to read this thread if you desire not to. :)

People being to weak, and coming in anyway even if they don't have to, well... that's another issue. :D Not our problem though.

• Options
    I do not understand why some members are trying to shut down this thread through use of repetitive picture posting. The conversation has been mostly civil. People have been expressing their beliefs and working through them with the help of others.
    At times it has got a bit heated, but compared to some other threads in these forums, and other forums, the conversation has been civil.

I am saddened by how this thread has ended.
  • Options
    Azathoth said:
    I do not understand why some members are trying to shut down this thread through use of repetitive picture posting. The conversation has been mostly civil. People have been expressing their beliefs and working through them with the help of others.
    At times it has got a bit heated, but compared to some other threads in these forums, and other forums, the conversation has been civil.

I am saddened by how this thread has ended.
    By all means continue, we are just sharing our opinions in a civil manner via illustrations.

• Options
    I don't know if transmog is a thing in this game but pleaaaaaaaase make the skin name available at all times please! 
  • Options

• Options
    Fanzhon said:

I just wanted to give an opinion =C

Dame yo! Anata no opinion wa pointless desu! Anata cannot giwe anata no opinion here. Sore thread wa for meme-tachi da kore.
  • Options

Another question ask, how they plan to reconcile a costume/wardrobe/tranmogrifier system with being able to visually inspect gear.  I'll add it to my list.
  • Options
    Conversation here seems to have died off.
    Having this conversation with people I raid and PvP with in other games most seem to have the same opinion. Gear/spec inspection leads to pre-dismissal of people before things even begin. Having the option to show/not show might as well be always on as that is where it will lead.
    Personally like the idea of no option to see that stuff.
    Pretty sure transmog is a thing seems like they said that in one of the twitch videos.
  • Options
    The point is they don't plan to reconcile it. You walk up to someone who is on fire, the only thing you are going to know, is that they are wearing a skin from the Summer Backing, and maybe that they are carrying a large pigsticker across their back. Attack them at your peril. All the little quality of life things that the pvp brahs have been using to give them an indication of whether or not to attack people like level and gear should be able to be disguised. In a world with magic, attack that lonely beggar in a loincloth carrying a stick and you might find a guy wearing plate underneath the illusion.
  • Options
    The point is they don't plan to reconcile it. You walk up to someone who is on fire, the only thing you are going to know, is that they are wearing a skin from the Summer Backing, and maybe that they are carrying a large pigsticker across their back. Attack them at your peril. All the little quality of life things that the pvp brahs have been using to give them an indication of whether or not to attack people like level and gear should be able to be disguised. In a world with magic, attack that lonely beggar in a loincloth carrying a stick and you might find a guy wearing plate underneath the illusion.
    I doubt you'll be able to conceal plate with cloth. 

Youll probably be able to transmog plate with plate and cloth with cloth. 
  • Options
    iPynuts said:

The same principle applies. A +50 cloth item could be transmogged to look like a +1 cloth item. 
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    iPynuts said:

The same principle applies. A +50 cloth item could be transmogged to look like a +1 cloth item. 
    not the same principle as the other guy said you can see someone in cloth gear except he wears plate. 

This way you know he wears cloth and not plate. Regardless of lvl.