Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Twitch - Q&A - 4/5 But not how your thinking

Every time I watch the Twitch Q&A I feel let down. For every 1 good question they answer, there will be 4 or 5 crappy questions they go on about.

Example of a crappy question "Can you eat pies?"

Comments

• Options
    They do it to burn time. Most of the "good" questions they just don't have answers to, so they "stretch". Just be happy that they make the effort and give you the tidbits of info that you do get. The level of transparency is unparalleled with other game developer studios, but as they have rightly pointed out, it comes with it's own set of dangers. If they state something, then have to change it, it causes rage. So pick the softballs and keep everyone happy standing around with wallets open.
  • Options
    The questions Steven chooses from Discord are usually very good.

Whoever is choosing the questions from the forums should dedicate themselves to doing something else. They always leave the best questions unanswered.
  • Options
    @PIEGOD there's a mortal here. 
  • Options
    @Kragnar  They only answer the same recycled-questioned and its little infuriating. However, at the same time, they are trying to Prepare for PAX - because afterwards, what Players experience there is going to speak Volumes on Ashes of Creation.

Even though it's still in Pre-Alpha ... it honestly does feel like it's already in Alpha Stage. 

Hence: its why they aren't saying anything yet, because the " Word-of-Mouth " from PAX might clarify most thoughts on Combat, Immersion, Progression, and other things too
  • Options
    I appreciate that they take the time to be so interactive with the community and regularly answer our questions. Hell, my question for this week's stream had the most likes and they didn't even get to it, no hard feelings at all!
  • Options
    I am just thankful they do them. 
  • Options
    I appreciate that they take the time to be so interactive with the community and regularly answer our questions. Hell, my question for this week's stream had the most likes and they didn't even get to it, no hard feelings at all!
    I don't think pie god would approve of this thread.
  • Options
    tugowar said:
    @PIEGOD there's a mortal here. I shall show this mortal the full extent of my POWER!!!!! 

• Options
    Warkov said:
    I don't think pie god would approve of this thread.
    He put the mortal in his place
  • Options
    The Q&A from the forums is the worst part of every single stream. I think Steven should take over and personally choose the questions.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Aligning expectations with what is capable at this time would go a long way.

With development only a year or so in and two or more years left in development before launching suggests that there is a considerable amount of detail that is still at schematic stage and not implemented.

To get the most reward from the twitch sessions might be to consider questions more aligned to the level of development they are at now and in the near future.

The wealth of micro questions, whilst important, are likely to come together in the later stages of development. They may be able to answer with general intent for these micro details, but they also need to resolve the bigger / broader design concepts first. 

Ask questions more in line with what they are working on at present and near future and perhaps the answers might be more articulate.

So a good question might be, what ARE you working on now and the next few months..with that answer, perhaps there might be a framework for more pertinent questions.

Just a Sunday musing!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Some questions as @AkaBear pointed out are too narrow in scope and they probably haven't fleshed out the finer details yet.  I am, however, surprised that a question that had the most likes was not answered...now I will have to go back and see what was asked.
  • Options
    @XombieCrisis I see that you had gotten 10 likes (congrats) but as for your question IMO is so detailed that I'm sure they haven't finished designing all the classes yet to be able to answer it.
  • Options
    They will only answer questions that are definite and not variable.
    Aside from the answers where it is stated that we are swinging between two possibilities.
    They always add new information of demos.
    That enough for me, although I wish that they would lock down more details.

Any other games communication and progress is glacial or non existent.
    So Intrepid is not perfect, but it is ok.
    Priority 1 is they show progress.
    Priority 2 is they acknowledge the community.
    Priority 3 is they engage with the community.
    Priority 4 is they answer the community.
    Priority 5 is they give a solid answer for every single question everyone can think of.
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    @XombieCrisis I see that you had gotten 10 likes (congrats) but as for your question IMO is so detailed that I'm sure they haven't finished designing all the classes yet to be able to answer it.
    I figured as much, and I respect their decision to not acknowledge it this early on.
  • Options
    The questions Steven chooses from Discord are usually very good.
    Like that time he chose to answer a question he'd already answered, just to say he'd already answered.  Great use of stream time.
  • Options
    The thing is some people at the time when the stream goes live haven't checked or looked for any information about the game before hand. They might have, and I'm pretty sure they didn't, looked at what was written about the game on the website, but all the info on the forum or Kickstarter page or on the google doc haven't been checked. 
    So yeah, they will ask questions which have been answered and people will flip a shit because they didn't look up for it. 

And some others will ask about if Sandals will be an ultimate item transcending the "legendary" grade and break the balance of the game. Since we all know it will exist and be worn by some devs' character, why ask?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Waysm said:
    The thing is some people at the time when the stream goes live haven't checked or looked for any information about the game before hand. They might have, and I'm pretty sure they didn't, looked at what was written about the game on the website, but all the info on the forum or Kickstarter page or on the google doc haven't been checked. 
    So yeah, they will ask questions which have been answered and people will flip a shit because they didn't look up for it. 

And some others will ask about if Sandals will be an ultimate item transcending the "legendary" grade and break the balance of the game. Since we all know it will exist and be worn by some devs' character, why ask?
    The problem is not with people asking silly questions. The problem is with those who are responsible for choosing to answer the boring and inconsequential ones. And this happens only with the questions from the forums. Steven does a much better job just by improvising with the questions from Discord. Again, he should take over the forums Q&A as well.