Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Foggy terrain zone

I would love the see a certain terrain that has dense fog (limited vision), also maybe the fog can alter the sound that the sound comes from, maybe its the right maybe its the left who knows where youre enemy will strike from.

Maybe some ghost sounds to the make you go the wrong path. Or it sounds like a player, maybe it is maybe its not.

This would be a cool pvp zone wouldnt you think?

Comments

• Options
    You could see Jeff shoot Steven "the look" when the weather effects question came up. Sure, they can add hurricanes, variable weather conditions, fog, strobes, sharks with friggin lazer beams, but every bell and whistle you throw in there you are going to take a performance hit. While you may be able to mod your Skyrim to look fabulous and do anything you want it to do on your beast of a machine, server based games like MMOs have to try and find a balance. You will always have the pretty vs. performance crowd, and the people that complain way too much about fps and packet loss while they try to play the game on their Tandy computer. 

I am sure they will keep pushing the envelope and walk that fine line all online games have to do of making it shiny enough, while making sure people can't whine about lag spikes and computer freezes killing them in combat.
  • Options
    You could see Jeff shoot Steven "the look" when the weather effects question came up. Sure, they can add hurricanes, variable weather conditions, fog, strobes, sharks with friggin lazer beams, but every bell and whistle you throw in there you are going to take a performance hit. While you may be able to mod your Skyrim to look fabulous and do anything you want it to do on your beast of a machine, server based games like MMOs have to try and find a balance. You will always have the pretty vs. performance crowd, and the people that complain way too much about fps and packet loss while they try to play the game on their Tandy computer. 

I am sure they will keep pushing the envelope and walk that fine line all online games have to do of making it shiny enough, while making sure people can't whine about lag spikes and computer freezes killing them in combat.
    Yea, didnt think of that, or people change the settings so there is barely fog and have a adventage.
  • Options
    The thicker the fog the shorter the distance that can be seen the less stuff has to be graphically rendered
  • Options
    Fog as thick has the fog doors in dark souls! Oooh baby make me blind!
  • Options
    I was thinking dark souls 2 shaded woods
  • Options
    I was thinking dark souls 2 shaded woods
    I could settle for that!
  • Options
    The thicker the fog the shorter the distance that can be seen the less stuff has to be graphically rendered
    Amen to that xD
  • Options
    If such a place exist, this is the holy land of all red players, good luck bounty hunters to find someone in that :v 
  • Options
    Waysm said:
    If such a place exist, this is the holy land of all red players, good luck bounty hunters to find someone in that :v 
    Please PK Gods, Grace us with such an area!
  • Options
    Waysm said:
    Maybe the longer you stay in it, the more the forest will turn to you?
  • Options
    I would love to see really thick fog in the game and I don't think it would be heavy burden if the game just cuts your view distance and adds a thickening fogwall around you.  Tho I'm not sure how hard that would be to make...
  • Options
    lexmax said:

Looks nice but the level of fog is much thicker the kind where you would be lucky to see 30 yards in front of you
  • Options
    Not good for people with poor eye sight to begin with.
    But sure does make for an interesting exploration. 
  • Options
    This would be the ultimate melee pvp spot.
  • Options
    I would rather have fog that you could see though like a mist rolling around.
  • Options
    How about the need to craft a head gear which improves your vision inside a fog? So you need to sacrifice some stats be able to see further than 5 feets away from you :v 
  • Options
    Fleelix said:
    I would love the see a certain terrain that has dense fog (limited vision), also maybe the fog can alter the sound that the sound comes from, maybe its the right maybe its the left who knows where youre enemy will strike from.

Maybe some ghost sounds to the make you go the wrong path. Or it sounds like a player, maybe it is maybe its not.

This would be a cool pvp zone wouldnt you think?

No just....no.....
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    what about landing a shot or a firebal, then hide in the fog and repeat?
  • Options
    Fleelix said:
    Sintu said:
    what about landing a shot or a firebal, then hide in the fog and repeat?
    Or perhaps lure a group into an ambush