Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Crimson Knights [Mature][ENG][Relaxed]

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited August 2017 in North American Guilds
The Crimson Knights are an unofficial player-governed group that hopes to bring order to the world that is the World of Ashes.

Background and Formation

The name Crimson Knights is from an anime known as .hack//sign, part of a franchise of anime, manga, movies and novels.
In the series,  
The Crimson Knights started as a joke made by  a character named Crim.  After he and another character named Subaru were attacked by PKers (Player Killers), Crim calmly explained that their actions made new players less likely to enjoy the game and keep playing. Noting that he and Subaru both had avatars with red clothes at the time, Crim told the PKers to call them "the Crimson Knights."
Subaru, empowered by the strength of Crim's words and actions, decided to form a guild of players that helped settle disputes among players. Although unofficial, they are sometimes used by The World's (The World is an online game similar to World of Warcraft, in which the series takes place) administration.
Although the Crimson Knights were a volunteer group of players, to some extent, they were recognized and sanctioned by CC Corp (The company that made The World). To this end, they sometimes displayed abilities that other players did not have. There were two main powers that were frequently mentioned by Silver Knight.
The first power was referred to as a setting up a barrier. The Knights could set up invisible "barriers" that prevented a player from Gating Out of a field or using a Sprite Ocarina (an in-game item) in a dungeon. They used this ability to prevent a target from escaping after they found him or her, and also to turn particular dungeons into private "jails" for their use. The limits of this ability are unknown, save that it did not prevent other players from warping in.
The second power was referred to as binding a character. A Crimson Knight could forcibly warp someone that his or her avatar had touched, regardless of whether or not they were in the same party. This ability only takes affect for as long as the players are in contact, and overrode the barrier ability.

Why did I create this guild?

For two reasons really.
The first, I'm a big fan of the .hack// franchise and in particular, the guild in the .hack//sign series. That, although the members of the guild were not associated with the company or its staff, they were acknowledged by the company and they were able to help out by means of resolving disputes / minor issues on behalf of the company.
The second reason is that, as much as I would like to game 24/7 or for a certain period of time, I suffer from a worldwide and yet deadly disease known as "A Life". It comes in all shapes and sizes, where some are employed or have a family, to those with super serious business stuff to do, like shopping, etc. In my case, mental disability. I won't go into much of it, but I will say that due to the medication that I am on, I sleep throughout most of the day and night. Though I would be starting a guild and such, during my absence, I'm afraid I won't be of much use.

What kind of guild am I aiming for?

Something in between a relaxed guild where people can talk freely and come and go as they please, with no goal in mind and that of a guild that will help others, whether it be with quests or gathering materials, help resolve an dispute, etc. That it's up to the players  themselves as to what they wish to do while in the guild.

Plans for the future (once the guild is ready of course and if people are interested):

Once the guild is open in-game:

Activities,  a monthly photo session to show off what you got, contribute to the community with guides and tips, etc., organize ranks and who will be running different divisions and councils (see below for details on that), have a way to communicate to other members of the guild outside the game for like, a group chat.

In the far away future:
Create different divisions for different aspects of the game. One division would be dedicated to trade while another division could be dedicated to the social aspects of the guild, both of which would be under the Social Council. Then there would be a  division for the PvE aspects of the game and another division would be for the PvP aspects of the game, and they would be under the War Council.

I'll try to come up with a guild logo and such in the near future. ^_^
More to come when I think of it. >v<

Edit #1: Logo, what do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    hey Maora message me to talk more i might be interested in your guild
    p.s.
    i dont love the anime but i do like it
  • Options
    ohh and the logo is pretty cool
  • Options
    Why thank you! I only know the basics of Photoshop. >v<
    Oh cool! Incoming message! :smile:
  • Options
    Bumpity bump, 'cause I now wanna start this guild up and I'm super keen and I hope people will like the idea and mew and yeah! >v<