Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Remember the player instruments in LOTRO?

I always thought that was pretty cool and really added to the immersion.  I never learned to play one but I recall someone playing Smoke on the Water in one of the villages.

The /clap emote was actually useful for showing appreciation for good performances.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    I remember alot of things (The Alamo, the 5th of November, 911) and LOTRO instruments are one of them!

It was really cool to have that aspect in the game.

I really hope they have this in Ashes, or even the Archeage system of custom made songs that you can play (with the option to mute of course, because Sandstorm x100)
  • Options
    Oh ya!  We often sat by and listened.  Or played instruments ourselves.  Fun times!
  • Options
    Going to an inn and having players be the music was one of the best parts about LOTRO.
  • Options
    Crymoar said:
    I always thought that was pretty cool and really added to the immersion.  I never learned to play one but I recall someone playing Smoke on the Water in one of the villages.

The /clap emote was actually useful for showing appreciation for good performances.

What a great idea. This would be a great addition and really seems to hit Intrepids theme of building community. 
  • Options
    If I remember right you could get key scripts online for your favorite tunes. Some people took playing live serious and there were a couple bands on our server that were pretty good. While it wasn't my thing (I did dabble in the downtime) I would love to see it in some form here. Any way a player can express themselfs and inspire others to do so should be encouraged I would think.
  • Options
    OHHH YES M8. 
  • Options
    this is a widely used feature in Acheage lots of ppl playing diff songs from acdc to senatra 
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    As you mention Lotro, ah the fond memories, I loved their player music! @xschlemmx is also right, ArcheAge had a player music feature. Some of the performances seen in both games were pretty fantastic. Seeing parties come together an syncing performances was a sight to be seen and heard. Hopefully AoC will bring even further exploration of this mechanic =D
  • Options
    Lets not forget GW2 also had instruments too. It'd be ashamed if they don't add this feature in it. Let's just wait  until they prefect the game and all, then cross our fingers that they add something similar. 
  • Options
    In terms of what Intrepid want from this game, a community devoted game, this idea would be da bomb in this game! I always sit back and play my ukuele while on games at loading screens or just waiting and its great, imagine doing it in game for everyone to appreciate! :D
  • Options
    I remember this. I spent most of my free trial trying to learn to play the imperial march on my dwarf.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
  • Options
    I hope intrepid does something similar I'm planning on being a bard. this would really help with Immersion. I would definitely learn how to play a couple of Instrument.
  • Options
    I hope intrepid does something similar I'm planning on being a bard. this would really help with Immersion. I would definitely learn how to play a couple of Instrument.
    I totally agree =)
  • Options
    I hope that pursuing music is available for everyone, not just the bards.
  • Options
    I would like to see that only the Bards can use it, purely to keep class identity.