Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Just a couple ideas involving their Pillars....

I have probably binge read a ton of information the last couple days and a few thoughts had come to my mind.
The first was this sounds almost eerily like what the canceled Everquest Next was gonna try to do.
The second kind of also involves Everquest Next but it also involves another game, Shadow of Mordor.  If through the idea of creating a world that evolves and the fact that players get to evolve, would the enemies also evolve, because it would only be fair and very risk v reward like. Through this not copying and pasting the Nemesis System from Shadow of Mordor, but maybe thinking about the idea behind it and attributing it maybe to those corrupted enemies that seem to pop up in a couple discussions or maybe even some other creature. This coupled with the nodes you already are working on could potentially create the emergent AI that Everquest Next failed to bring to the table.
The third thing that came to my mind was that the developers should look at the basic idea of how the Soulsborne franchise did the story of their world. In my mind the Soulsborne series delivered story magnificently in the direction that the Devs of this game seems to be going. How I saw it was that in that world the story was mostly just told through lore, rather than handing the story to the player for free the player had to look for it. 
The fourth thought was mostly how awesome this game should be, but I also don't want to get too hyped for fear that this will just be another Everquest Next, that promises to renew the MMO genre but gets canceled or fails to deliver.
The fifth thought was just how cool the class system sounds, and I can't wait to get my hands dirty into theory crafting my own builds for my first couple characters. :)

I am still, as of writing this, looking more into the game and seeing as I sort of just started diving into as much information as possible about it; I just want to know more.

Comments

• Options
    Thank you for sharing your insightful thoughts @Silverbrand. One thing I will comment on is that I hope IS does step up the AI in Ashes. I've thought for a while now that deep learning neural networks have an ideal application in MMORPG mob AI. The incredible thing about this technology is that it's open source and tending more and more toward "plug and play" every year.
  • Options
    Eqn had pressure from investors/big company to be profitable and fill the bottom line, IS doesn't have that pressure so I don't think we have to worry to much about cancelation of ashes
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Eqn had pressure from investors/big company to be profitable and fill the bottom line, IS doesn't have that pressure so I don't think we have to worry to much about cancelation of ashes
    Yeah, that is pretty true but also at the time, just like this game, they did to have some lofty ideas. Though I definitely can't fault the company for sure. It sounds like fun, and actually relatively similar to my own thoughts on game design. I had always thought I wanted to be a creator of games myself and I am literally in the earliest stages if it, learning from college in my first year. I decided to go back just for that alone and I do plan on some kind of hard ideas, which is why I am far from the one to talk, but nonetheless, some of the ideas do seem risky but that doesn't change the fact I am super hyped. I will just be super cautious.
  • Options
    Risk brings reward, mostly ;) xD