Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Discussion] Augments

After following many conversations on discord and on the forums about secondary archetypes and augments, I felt that I wanted to share my understanding of how augments work.

What we know so far about skills are very vague - so to express my opinion I'll be using "comeplete nonsense" but the concept of how augments work still applies.

-----------------------------
Generic Example

Skill Ribbity Ribbit : This skill does blah blah to target

You can augment this skill with 1 of a choice of 5 Augments of the secondary archetype you choose (Primary Archetype/Secondary Archetype) Augment 
  1. Augment : Increases the range of the skill
  2. Augment : Pulls the target towards you
  3. Augment : Applies a debuff to target
  4. Augment : Applies a buff to yourself
  5. Augment : Skill adds aoe damage to neighbouring enemies.
I can now apply any one of these skills to [Skill Ribitty Ribibit] for a desired "flavour" to enhance my primary skill.

---------------------------

This means your primary skill will always be associated with your primary archetype and won't change "role" - what it does in terms of your main archetype.
It does however allow you to adjust your skill to a playstyle you want with the secondary archetype you want to play.

Secondary Archetypes will offer augments that are within reason of theme of that archetype. Although I can't say what those will be yet - because we've not been told - we do know that augments will not change your primary role.

So if your Tank/Tank or Tank/Mage or whatever Ranger/Bard Ranger/Ranger - won't make you less of a Tank or less of a Ranger but instead will offer you diversity in how you want to play that class ^^

If you double down on your primary archetype you'll get the augments that e.g X/Tank offers other Primary Archetypes so you'll still be able to personalise your main skills.

These are all just ideas and speculation so don't take to heart any of this information as being fact :3 Please feel free to share your own ideas :) I look forward to ready them :3

Comments

• Options
    This is amazing!
    Nw wer iz muh gam?
    *cough*
    Anyway, no matter how much I like the idea, I wish IS could give us more info on the skills and augment available :v So I can freely say "THIS IS GOOD! THIS IS BAD!" 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Good idea, but we need more info on the skills
    And what else to expect from a Frog Princess then Ribbity Ribbit
  • Options
    Many games have an augment system.  The idea is a good one and I like it.
    An enchanter to make gems with augments  adds an artisan profession also. They should only be applied once.

Augments can be added to different pieces of armor and or weapons to enhance the skill or attribute of your choice.

• Options
    I would also like to add to my own discussion that I believe that secondary augments from classes are standard. For example X/Tank augments will have the same options that can be applied to all primary archetypes:

Summoner/Tank and Mage/Tank will have the same choice of multiple Tank augments :)

• Options
    I like this idea of augements - I would love to run a Cleric/Tank that can also provide damage reduction as secondary effects of my heals.

• Options
    Good explanation. I'd like to know more about this ribbity ribbit skill. The very name sounds overpowered. 
  • Options
    Good stuff. I'd also like to add to that the different augments that come from other sources like religion, race, and no doubt, other sources. I've even heard people speculate about artisan sources augmenting things.

I think you have a good breakdown of many of the augments: damage/dot, buff/debuff, cc(push/pull/root/stun/disorientate), aoe/cleave. 

One of the few things I did like about ESO is their augment system. I think they should have had more options (and ditch classes but that is a rant for another time)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018
    Oh everyone knew that Augments will make " drastic changes to your Archetype " :p , but still within the boundaries of the Primary Role. I look it this way ...
    • Primary = Dominant 
    • Secondary = Recessive ( still having prominence though )