Trade System

Will the trade system be "free trade" or will you be restricted to have "equal trade"?  Would I be able to trade for example 100k of gold or goods for free to a friend or would both sides have to put in equal in value items.

Comments

• Intrepid hasn't said anything on this yet, but I hope it's the former. Often when I play with friends, we give each other gear we have picked up ghat we don't need or want for whatever reason. It woumd seem arbitrarily restricting to make us have to do a Fullmetal Alchemists equalivalent exchange when just trading with friends. 
    I have heard though, that gold sellers like to trade gold that way though...
  • I think it would be good if there was an option to turn this on or off... Maybe if you were friends with said person, or in a guild with them, then you would be able to give away items. However, if you were not friends with someone and they try to trade it would show a warning about the lack of equality. Would prevent the more naive among us being scammed while meaning we could help out our friends if we wanted to. 
  • Pretty sure there are no restrictions on trade. They've said before that they want players to manage the economy.

The example they gave is that players might sell items in one node for a low price because it is common and easy to acquire while at the same time they might sell the same item in another node for 100x more because that node doesn't have easy access to the material / item.

This is why they said you might want to run the risk of using caravans to move your loot or you might choose not to.

If there were any restrictions on trade, it would kind of ruin this idea.
  • The OPs question as I understood it is a thinly disguised attempt to find out whether or not RMT will be allowed. It will not. They are putting several different systems in place to monitor for such behaviour. There has been no mention of bans as such, but anything that breaks the spirit of the TOS to try and turn the game P2W is going to get slapped down fast. The node system monitors ALL functions, including trade, otherwise would be real hard to develop an economic node. They hired that handy guy with the PhD in economics to monitor the in-game economy and balance out stuff too. So while giving stuff to people will be fine, dodgy transactions will be looked at an a judgement call made.
  • "The OPs question as I understood it is a thinly disguised attempt to find out whether or not RMT will be allowed..." 

That's definitely a problem with "free trade" but not my intentions regarding the question. I'm more worried on if I can merchant things like armour or supplies like in the old Runescape days :blush:

• Until we have more info on the exact mechanics we can only go with the info they have put out so far. Crafting will have depth and specialization. Crafted items will be useful at all tiers, no junk crafting to grind. Nothing is BOP/BOE allowing you to give items to your alts or to friends for free or for sale. Players will be able sell items to other players, player run stalls in the center of cities that can be rented. As of right now, not an afk sale system, you need to be manning your stall to sell from it.(most likely will change, as no one just likes standing around).

• This page should have all the info you need
    http://aocwiki.net/Economy#Trade
  • Until we have more info on the exact mechanics we can only go with the info they have put out so far. Crafting will have depth and specialization. Crafted items will be useful at all tiers, no junk crafting to grind. Nothing is BOP/BOE allowing you to give items to your alts or to friends for free or for sale. Players will be able sell items to other players, player run stalls in the center of cities that can be rented. As of right now, not an afk sale system, you need to be manning your stall to sell from it.(most likely will change, as no one just likes standing around).

Yeah...i mean BDO has afk system for fishers/crafting (so your computer is basically running 24/7) hopefully if they do NOT do that with trading. Otherwise good lord will the game be rough early on, and only ppl with pc's on ALL day would be able to sell goods. While that's good for producers it's rough on the consumer, imagine with node trading only available and only with a MP that's stocked by ppl who are on and standing around lol talk about the horror.