Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dancing while walking, can we haz it please?

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited August 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xk1IBT046M

One of the things that I absolutely loved about Archeage was its system for dancing that allowed dancing while walking. This resulted in alot of videos created by the players. Can we have this in Ashes?
@GMSteven

Comments

• Options
    I found that video disturbing and I feel as if my testicles began regress back into my body after looking at it.  I have no real opinion as far as people dancing in this game.  All I can say is I hope that is carried out in a city because if I catch anyone dancing like that in the world they're dead for principal sake alone......
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    I found that video disturbing and I feel as if my testicles began regress back into my body after looking at it.  I have no real opinion as far as people dancing in this game.  All I can say is I hope that is carried out in a city because if I catch anyone dancing like that in the world they're dead for principal sake alone......
    I didn't really care about the walking/dancing but now that you said this, I want to dance all over your corpse! ;) *said teasingly* Yes please! Give me walk/dance ALL OVER ASHES! 

I'm actually just thinking of the RP aspect of a ship crew sailing and singing/ dancing during their travels! So cool! 

But THIS is where I draw the line... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A857QUl_gY4

Give me dances seeped in the LORE of the game, not this crap... I'll literally close the game and ask for a refund if the dances our, offensive, is tht the right word? Or just too RL actual? 
  • Options
    Vhanz said:
    I didn't really care about the walking/dancing but now that you said this, I want to dance all over your corpse! ;) *said teasingly* Yes please! Give me walk/dance ALL OVER ASHES! 

I'm actually just thinking of the RP aspect of a ship crew sailing and singing/ dancing during their travels! So cool! 

But THIS is where I draw the line... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A857QUl_gY4

Give me dances seeped in the LORE of the game, not this crap... I'll literally close the game and ask for a refund if the dances our, offensive, is tht the right word? Or just too RL actual? 
    LOL.  I actually enjoyed the dancing in this video.  Maybe I hated the first video because I have an extreme hate of elves.  This dancing kinda reminded me of the dancing from "A knights tale".  Or maybe I just enjoyed the music but none the less much less offensive to my manliness.
  • Options
    I like most all kinds of music and dancing but somehow I don't think any of this suits ashes unless they intend to add discos or roller rinks.
  • Options
    Jesus... Even my dancing puts that to shame and that is saying something... 

However, if it means we will be able to moonwalk backwards I agree! xD
  • Options
    @Maquiame Seems like another form of Tee-bagging ... you know I'm right. 
  • Options
    I like most all kinds of music and dancing but somehow I don't think any of this suits ashes unless they intend to add discos or roller rinks.
    The dances can be lore specific, doesn't matter to me either way.
  • Options
    i like that archeage has dancing while walking or running and that you either have to sprint/mount or turn off the dance to stop it
  • Options
    Discos and roller rinks are not required.  We're going to have taverns.  If I pull out some cages and gogo boots can I sign you up Cylver?
  • Options
  • Options
    This gif makes me feel like Dorothy saw something (maybe a turd) on the ground and was avoiding it with fancy footwork.
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    This gif makes me feel like Dorothy saw something (maybe a turd) on the ground and was avoiding it with fancy footwork.
    Haha!  I love this pic!
  • Options
    I was expecting a strut...
  • Options
    soon as you add "dancing" and "moving" together in a video game it all comes out looking like this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-V2aPNfVLo

• Options
    Moon Walk : A  skill that can be mastered by only the ones who mastered the thriller dance walk.