Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ranger and Mage Skill Icons!

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited August 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design

Looking good guys ! i wonder what the arrow in the foot is? maybe a snare or smth?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Maybe he's related to the guard in Skyrim who took an arrow to the knee? Or else - seriously - it's gotta be some sort of temporary snare?
    And I'm guessing the last of each range of icons has got to be the Mage's 'expose secret magic trap/area' and Ranger's 'expose hidden path/cave/area?'
  • Options
    maybe you gotta smash the spacebar to pull it out? not likely but would be cool
  • Options
    Really artistic skill art ^^ Can't wait to see some footage :333
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Yeah - what's that animation gonna look like...(bloody arrow finally slides out of foot accompanied by player's groans/screams. X percent of viewers faint...)

Maybe we'd get an animation of @Diura bandaging our foot and kissing it better? (Gribbit)
  • Options

Illuminati confirmed i quess
  • Options
    Actually really like the design of them
  • Options
    I like the way they are using easily identifiable background colour pallettes for each classes skill set. Nice artwork too.
  • Options
    Nice, vibrant, not boring. Are these locked on the project / game of mainly for PAX ? 
  • Options
    Vhanz said:
    Nice, vibrant, not boring. Are these locked on the project / game of mainly for PAX ? 
    My guess is these are made for PAX and will likely evolve over time into the final product.
  • Options
    Which icon is suppose the be the mage flying in the bubble?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @Warkov that ability isn't going to be at Pax
  • Options
    @Shunex That icon with the arrow in the foot reminds me of the 'pin' ability where the rogue shot an arrow to temporary fix an enemy in place.
  • Options
    Wolfwall said:
    @Shunex That icon with the arrow in the foot reminds me of the 'pin' ability where the rogue shot an arrow to temporary fix an enemy in place.
    yeah that's what im thinking as well :smile:

• Options
    There is all Ranger icons described. Yeah its the Snare ability (Pin/Hamstring).
    http://aocwiki.net/Ranger 

• Options
    Every class has one cc, and one cc breaker by design. They have stated that the tired old mantra of having stun/backstab/stun/backstab/stun/dead types of pvp as a meta, they instead will be long drawn out affairs. So while we will only get to see a limited set of abilities for PAX and nowhere near the final product builds, the style of how pvp goes down should be a little clearer.
  • Options
    Hell45 said:

Illuminati confirmed i quess
    They are both illuminati!
  • Options
    Really nice  <3B)
  • Options
    Every class has one cc, and one cc breaker by design. They have stated that the tired old mantra of having stun/backstab/stun/backstab/stun/dead types of pvp as a meta, they instead will be long drawn out affairs. So while we will only get to see a limited set of abilities for PAX and nowhere near the final product builds, the style of how pvp goes down should be a little clearer.
    If every class can have one CC and one escape, then we wont see any CC focus builds and it might lead also to situation where most of the builds are really similar or even identical. It can make the combat really predictable unless those abilities have a lot differencies. But yeah it is like you said, we have to see first how the PvP actually works and what kind of combat technique it goals. I think one of the aspects is paper, rock, scrissor. But its interesting see that how much positioning, counterplay, team combos and burst damage have place in those battles. 
  • Options
    Yep, instead of being able to stun lock players you will actually need to do damage, think about exactly when to cc, when to break, and other strategic decisions. Those that have enjoyed attacking people with no consequences will now need to be able to play their class instead of having a macro/keystoke combo that allows them to nullify other people. Will this make combat predictable? Sure, only so many ways to skin a cat. Depending on how much secondary accents to abilities actually affect combat vs being cosmetic you will see varied builds. Some builds will always be better than others, they have stated that they have no interest in getting into the downward spiral of nerf/buff/nerf/buff to balance 1v1 and will instead concentrate on those abilities that turn out to be truly overpowered in group play. Will this twist the panties of the headshot pvp crowd? Most likely. Will they learn to adjust? Probably.