Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Node/ Metropolis Sieges, what should be involved?

I apologize if this was already discussed, didn't find the post.
I'll be very brief... 

What do you think should be involved in sieging a node/ @Metropolis level. 
~ Should it be a harduous month of grinding for mats for siege weapons?
~ Should it be as simple as declaring war via a game menu? 
~ Do you have to rally a certain number of players to activate said declaration? 
~ Do you HAVE to be citizen of another node or simply a free-roaming player? 
~ Can 'betrayals' happen? Siege your OWN city? 
~ Does a quest need to be accomplish FIRST (as shown in the Rogue/ Ranger video) to activate sieging? 

How hard or easy do YOU think it should be vs what you believe it might actually end up being. Personally @Metropolis level, I want the sieging side to have to work REALLY hard to even get the permission to see the Declaration of War/Siege window. 
~ A list of mats to be acquired!
~ A series of quests related directly to sieging that particular city/metropolis at the level it is (Possibly interruptible via PvP).
~ A set number of raiders Siegers needed.
~ A timeframe/ notice. 

What are your thoughts? Complaints? Violent reactions? Share and let us know. 

~ V 

Comments

• Options

• Options
    Vhanz said:
    I apologize if this was already discussed, didn't find the post.
    I'll be very brief... 

What do you think should be involved in sieging a node/ @Metropolis level. 
    ~ Should it be a harduous month of grinding for mats for siege weapons?
    ~ Should it be as simple as declaring war via a game menu? 
    ~ Do you have to rally a certain number of players to activate said declaration? 
    ~ Do you HAVE to be citizen of another node or simply a free-roaming player? 
    ~ Can 'betrayals' happen? Siege your OWN city? 
    ~ Does a quest need to be accomplish FIRST (as shown in the Rogue/ Ranger video) to activate sieging? 

How hard or easy do YOU think it should be vs what you believe it might actually end up being. Personally @Metropolis level, I want the sieging side to have to work REALLY hard to even get the permission to see the Declaration of War/Siege window. 
    ~ A list of mats to be acquired!
    ~ A series of quests related directly to sieging that particular city/metropolis at the level it is (Possibly interruptible via PvP).
    ~ A set number of raiders Siegers needed.
    ~ A timeframe/ notice. 

What are your thoughts? Complaints? Violent reactions? Share and let us know. 

~ V 
    Some of the questions you pose are answered here:

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/34405/information-nodes-and-sieges/p1
  • Options
    OMG!OMG! INFO I DIDN't KNOW! Thx guys! *eyes swallowing every word* 
  • Options
    As successful siege involves raiding a new flag.. is this node being deleveled, destroyed, simply changing hands. Or some combination?
  • Options
    Wraeven said:
    As successful siege involves raiding a new flag.. is this node being deleveled, destroyed, simply changing hands. Or some combination?
    I read all of it, I can now help! A successful siege de-levels the node basically. So you might need MANY sieges to destroy/reduce a node to her starter state BUT it should get easier.