Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

You know those level 1 dogs and cats that usually roam the cities and villages in MMOs...

Should they be a valid target for an attack?

Comments

• Options
    And if you are a healer, during event you should (besides healing players) heal dogs and cats as well so they don't die.
  • Options
    I love the idea of toe punting them across the map like a toy from WoW or something.... Just me....
  • Options
    Only of its a gnome and we have a punting contest. 
  • Options
    Preferably a Gnome to an adorable puppy but then again i'd rather have zero Gnomes in this game.
  • Options
    Wolfwall said:
    Preferably a Gnome to an adorable puppy but then again i'd rather have zero Gnomes in this game.
    What about a Murlock?
  • Options
    Death to everything and anything!

• Options
    Murlocs are cool, killed plenty of those bastards.
  • Options
    The Toblerone option did make it a hard choice. mmmmm chocolate!
  • Options
    more food !! >:)>:)
  • Options
    ...but they flag you with corruption.  Or it summons 13 Hounds of Vengeance somewhere in the world that track you down.  They also all have stealth and wait to kill you when you're already having a really bad day.

• Options
    We should be able to pet it, or even take it as our pet
  • Options
    These dogs and cats should be like the monty python rabbit.

• Options
    Wolfwall said:

First thou pullest the Holy pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
  • Options
    They add to the atmosphere so I don't want to see them killed
  • Options
    I think monsters in events should be able to destroy everything, anyone and any creature within the node :0
  • Options
    I think you should gain corruption for killing them though. I mean killing what could be someone's pet is a bit of a dick move.
  • Options
    We shouldn't be able to kill them, but they should be able to kill us.

rise up dogs and cats. Your hour has come. Take back the land of your ancestors!
  • Options
    I was hoping for an option similar to what happens in Zelda games when you attack the Cuccos.   Sure, you can attack them, but be prepared for retaliation!
  • Options
    I think you could do some cool stuff with the ambience of each node, and that includes strays (cats/dogs) as well as vermin (rats, etc.). Some quick thoughts:

1) Why not have the local strays/pests unique to each node type? E.g. stray robots in the scientific node, maybe a wandering beggar in the economic node or, in the military nodes, you could have depressed dogs whose owners have been lost at war.

2) Could also include some node development mechanics that require the cleansing of pests on a semi-regular basis, either through funding an NPC extermination agency or through player efforts themselves. E.g., maybe the divine node won't progress past tier II until the spread of plague by rats has been nullified - this could either be done by players, or by contracting NPCs to do it (just in case no player feels like spending their time killing rats)

Image result for charlie rat stick
  • Options
    Or we could go with no domesticated cats and dogs at all, since the world was supposedly returned to an uncivilized, natural state over thousands of years since the apocalypse that caused the original races to flee. Fido and Fluffy most likely became food for the actual wildlife and died out over time. If you look at all the backing pets, they are flying pets, falcon, pseudo dragon, phoenix, not a pound puppy among them, so maybe it fits with their lore.
  • Options
    Wolfwall said:

YES! Vorpal Bunny FTW!

Where is the, "they are level 50 mobs so you can attack them at your peril"
  • Options
    I like the Skyrim Chicken idea ;D
  • Options
    Where is the, "they are level 50 mobs so you can attack them at your peril"
    It's option number 2: "We should be able to kill them, but make them bigger level so it's a fair fight".
  • Options
    @PlagueMonk Maybe they should be low level to lure you in to a false sense of security then when you attack, BOOM! Killer, level 50, rabbit mob!
  • Options
    Wolfwall said:
    @PlagueMonk Maybe they should be low level to lure you in to a false sense of security then when you attack, BOOM! Killer, level 50, rabbit mob!
    Or it calls mother when attacked, and mother is level 50 elite mad dog that crawls out of nearby sewer when called upon.
  • Options
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    I'd be up for many different types of stray pets roaming around.
  • Options
    I like the idea of them not being killable, but mobs can hurt them. Honestly it would imo be a cool part of a monster invasion to have to save the pets and livestock.
  • Options
     If you look at all the backing pets, they are flying pets, falcon, pseudo dragon, phoenix, not a pound puppy among them, so maybe it fits with their lore.

With Kickstarter we are able to have a kitten or puppy. o:)
  • Options
    You forgot the Zelda option:
    We should be able to kick them but then we get swarmed by them until we die.