Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Tank

Hi Ashes Peeps;

Firstly wanted to say keep up the great  work. I was wondering  in regards to Profession Names is the Tank Class actually going to be call 'The Tank'? I know this game is in early development so heres hoping that is not the name that gets settled on. For me it breaks a bit of the immersion with such a unrealistic and literal profession name. Would love for it to be the classic Fighter, Warrior, Swordsman or something ....either way again thank you all for this game.  I simply cannot wait.
Sincerely yours ...Magic Dude 

Comments

• Options
    A tank might be sturdy, but nothing is set in stone at this early stage :)
  • Options
    yes Tanks are indeed sturdy mechanical war machines used in modern warfare on earth...lol just being sarcastic Lex! lol
  • Options
    I honestly find it little refreshing its just called it the tank. But it wouldn't surprise me if they changed it to Knight or Defender at some point.
  • Options
    Well as far as we single classes are remain with their name, but the addition of second class will change it.

Officially Ranger + Rogue is Predator
    And
    Mage+Mage is Archmage.

There are also tons of fan suggestion for those names and a fellow ashian @tugowar  creates threads for each class to let people write their headcannon combination names. There are cool suggestion you can find and check the threads through his profile. And you're not going to have only one class in the game at your final form. You're gonna either doubledown your class or choose another as your secondary class. In that case those will probably have a name like Knight or Warrior or Samurai or Winnie The Pooh.
  • Options
    Dolphin said:
    Well as far as we single classes are remain with their name, but the addition of second class will change it.

Officially Ranger + Rogue is Predator
    And
    Mage+Mage is Archmage.

There are also tons of fan suggestion for those names and a fellow ashian @tugowar  creates threads for each class to let people write their headcannon combination names. There are cool suggestion you can find and check the threads through his profile. And you're not going to have only one class in the game at your final form. You're gonna either doubledown your class or choose another as your secondary class. In that case those will probably have a name like Knight or Warrior or Samurai or Winnie The Pooh.
    Great thank you, I did search on the forums the word 'Tank' seeing if there was a discussion, looking forward to seeing were the names fall on finally. I just suppose i find Tank a slang gaming term that actually means a modern warfare machine, i wouldnt be a fan of say Stealth dude or DPS man either!....ill check out the post
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Yes you are right.
    Lets call it 'concrete-wall' instead :)
    Anyway they are a food tank, how else did they get that big and heavy ;)

• Options
    Hi there,

Check this thread. There's a link to tank thread too. :) 

would love more suggestions. 

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/34765/the-unofficial-official-name-that-secondary-class-bard-game/p1

-tug
  • Options
    The primary archetype will most likely be called the Tank - because the beauty of Ashes is that there will be a wide range of different types of Tanks due to the augmentation system :)

Like what everyone has suggested already - applying a secondary augment may change the name of your "class". :3

• Options
    @Diura, wrong, the beauty of Ashes is that launcher which will be on my desktop at some point.
  • Options
    Yes you are right.
    Lets call it 'concrete-wall' instead :)
    Anyway they are a food tank, how else did they get that big and heavy ;)

lol Rune you get were im coming from....well im going to go on the other post and give some suggestions but really im happy with anything besides the name of a Modern warfare piece of machinery turned internet slang lol Fighter, defender, knight, warrior etc etc...
  • Options
    Diura said:
    The primary archetype will most likely be called the Tank - because the beauty of Ashes is that there will be a wide range of different types of Tanks due to the augmentation system :)

Like what everyone has suggested already - applying a secondary augment may change the name of your "class"tugowar said:
    Hi there,

Check this thread. There's a link to tank thread too. :) 

would love more suggestions. 

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/34765/the-unofficial-official-name-that-secondary-class-bard-game/p1

-tug
    Thank you on my way !
  • Options
    Well with the new class matrix , my fears of the generic name of 'The Tank' has been completely addressed. I absolutely love ALL 64 names of the possible classes!!!
    Well done to Intrepid, Im going Warlock !!