Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Please be the one!

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited August 2017 in The Newly Arrived
It's been a long time since a game has gotten me this excited. I would say Star Citizen did but...well yea. My first MMO experience was a short lived ride in Earth and Beyond followed by Planetside. I found a home in Star Wars Galaxies, Kettemoor shout out. Other than the guild and community I was apart of, the world PvP is what kept me interested. The memories of the Anchorhead/Bestine battles of the early days when Creature Handlers had three monstrous Rancors flanking them were some of the best first impressions I had, bugs and all. But ever since 36 professions became nine professions there, I've been searching for a new world in which to stake my claim. SWG was also the last time I was active on a forum haha. So far, reading through, this appears to be a good community. Here's to hoping this is the one!

Comments

• Welcome @Fuehrian! Earth and Beyond was a fun little MMO that was killed off before it could do what it set out to do. I am a backer of Star Citizen also, have not lost the faith there. This game is completely different though. Glad to see you on board!
  • Welcome @Fuehrian!!! Many of us have found a new home within the Ashes community. You won't be disappointed  ;).
  • I'd say 'please be the one' is the most common sentiment on this forum.  We're all players who've been burned, so to speak, but can't help getting our hopes up when we find something so full of possibilities. :) Welcome!
  • Hello @Fuehrian o/ and welcome to the community smile
  • We all pray every day that this would be the one :) welcome!
  • Fuehrian said:
    It's been a long time since a game has gotten me this excited. I would say Star Citizen did but...well yea. My first MMO experience was a short lived ride in Earth and Beyond followed by Planetside. I found a home in Star Wars Galaxies, Kettemoor shout out. Other than the guild and community I was apart of, the world PvP is what kept me interested. The memories of the Anchorhead/Bestine battles of the early days when Creature Handlers had three monstrous Rancors flanking them were some of the best first impressions I had, bugs and all. But ever since 36 professions became nine professions there, I've been searching for a new world in which to stake my claim. SWG was also the last time I was active on a forum haha. So far, reading through, this appears to be a good community. Here's to hoping this is the one!
    Welcome to the community @Fuehrian! Happy to have another MMO veteran in our midst. If you have suggestions, feel free to ask!
  • Welcome!
  • Excitement Intensifies*
  • Welcome to the community. Hope you have fun on the forum.
  • Welcome to the community!!!  The anticipation is real!!!
  • Welcome!

Yes it really is an awesome community and it grows every day!