Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Translation of ashes

I would like the game, if in the end they can not translate it into Spanish, let users translate it and be able to introduce an addon to read in Spanish, I speak Spanish but it applies to more languages, for example in black desert EU Allow to modify that folder without banned, since they know that it is for the translation.
Also say that with the Spanish speaking community there is something very curious, the games in principle, if they are in Spanish do not support much, but once translated many people join the game, example: aion and guildwars2.
Hope this game translates to Spanish.
Do you think they should allow us the amateur translation if they can not translate it?

And sorry for my english

Comments

• Options
    I think they are open to anything free. If you want to translate all the content by yourself to Spanish. They wouldn't stop ya, senior.

And I'm sure they'll add languages when it's out with full content. But translating big contents are really pain in the chicken's butt. It's gonna be a mess. So no rush for translation. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    This topic has been discussed here " rel="nofollow">https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/88368#Comment_88368 :)
    If you take a wee read of this thread it may help with some of your questions and other queries other players had too :)

• Options
    This has been answered and addressed by the developers a couple times. Basically your answer is "If there is enough demand, they will pay for language localization." So recruit 10,000 spanish speakers to have paying accounts at launch and you will get your own regional server and language translation. Since there is no voice acting planned due to cost, for those that have limited English ability, cut and paste, google translate is going to be your friend.
  • Options
    I dont have much problem, but the translation would be great, and the problem is the one that commented, in the beginning, if it isnt translated, the Spanish speaking community,isnt interested in games that arent in Spanish. :'(:'(:'(

• Options
    @zhue I feel your pain. I have been teaching ESL for 20 years in Japan. Many of my students are gamers and when we talk about what they are playing vs what I am playing they really would like to try games in English, but have no confidence in their ability. Then again, they have a huge gaming industry here, so they are not hurting for content. I don't know what the state of native Spanish gaming is, but my bias thinks it is not huge.
  • Options
    I think it is very large, since it isnt only Spain but also Latin America, and it is the second most spoken language in the world, after the Chinese.

• Options
    Sorry, I didn't mean number of speakers of Spanish. I meant games produced in Latin America for Spanish speakers other than smartphone apps.
  • Options
    Diura said:
    This topic has been discussed here https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/35080/translation-of-ashes :)
    If you take a wee read of this thread it may help with some of your questions and other queries other players had too :)

Hi @diura, your link is refer to this post....  ;)

@zhue if want go to the Spanish Community and talk with other members. 

Regards!!!! 
  • Options
    Ooooh edited thanks @JaPeMo xD That's what happens when you have lots of tabs open aha ty ❤️
  • Options
    I hope they can eventually do this for our Spanish speaking community once the game is completed.
  • Options
    Translation is very important. How else will you know the sea mine is deactivated?

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Diura said:
    This topic has been discussed here " rel="nofollow">https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/88368#Comment_88368 :)

Anyway I what I am posing isnt reflected in that theme, I am talking about the possibility of letting the fans translate into Spanish and use it in the game, because for that you have to modify folders, there are games that allow it and Others that bannean for that.

• Options
    zhue said:
    Diura said:

Anyway I what I am posing isnt reflected in that theme, I am talking about the possibility of letting the fans translate into Spanish and use it in the game, because for that you have to modify folders, there are games that allow it and Others that bannean for that.

Ah I understand you now :) That would be a challenging project. I don't know if this would be allowed but perhaps this could be a question asked for for the bi-weekly streams. 

All we know now so far is what @UnknownSystemError has already pointed out - which is - if the demand is there Intrepid will pay for localisation :)
  • Options
  • Options
    In black desert eu left them, and did the fans and it was fine and worked perfectly,I hope this question comes out, and that steven leaves us if no comes to be translated.
    More than anything for my friends who dont understand english.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Actually much of the typical dialogue has simply been removed as really not required to tell people to go kill 10 chickens and such. And only really the unique dialogues that will be in game.

The game is also heavily based on community endeavour requiring community interaction. So everyone will be required to speak at least one common language to get anything done. How would a guild that only speaks german tell a guild that only speaks spanish, that they need to be at a specific place at a specific moment in time to coordinate with each other ?

I am all for localisation, but I dont think that works for a non localised and global game. It is essential that the members of a global game can all understand each other to function properly.
  • Options
    You are right, and that with 2 people who speak the other language in the guild already has a solution, but read in your language what the skills do for example, it helps a lot, at the time of communication between guilds there will always be bilingual people.