Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Different race, different portals!?!

So from what I understand, and correct me if I'm wrong, you'll pop in the world from a portal that will be 'most likely' for just your race. So if I pick human, but my two best buds go dwarf and Elf, it might be several hours (Days?) to actually find each other in game? Seeing that there's no fast travel and I doubt you get mounts at SO low levels. 

Personally, I LOVE this and completely support this design decision. I still remember my Hobo Mage lvl 7 in WoW and my adventure across the lands to reach my buddies in the Elf city, epic!  
But is there people out there that don't? Or feel there should be a quicker way to group with your buddies even though they chose another (inferior) race? ;) 

Thoughts? Ideas? Complaints? Violent reactions? 
~ V

Comments

• Options
    i believe they said on a live stream that you will be able to choose what divine gateway you pop out off
  • Options
    Wasn't it also mentioned that the mechanics for underrealm would be different also?

• Options
    Wasn't it also mentioned that the mechanics for underrealm would be different also?

i think so? 
  • Options
    Hmmm...gonna paraphrase, it went something like this. "Each race has its own starting area, but don't worry, you will be able to choose which you would like to start at so you can be near your friends. The Tulnar have a different mechanic, but same will apply." I am sure one of our quotemasters will be along shortly with a timestamped link to the relevant livestream.
  • Options
    Initially they had a portal as starting point for 2 races each, but as was pointed out they shifted away from that and will probably let you choose where you want to start.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
  • Options
    I think they said that the Tulnar are going to start off at like a cave entrance or something. It wouldn't make any sense for them to start at one of the gateways.