Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Possibility of sub-races?

Might be cliched, but I am going to use WoW as my example. In Warcraft there were always sub-races for you to fight (i.e. dark iron dwarves, fel orcs, bison tauren dudes, ect). I am sure that will be the case in this game too, especially as new content is released. 

What I'm asking is basically this: Is there a possibility to be able to play as sub-races? Would be cool to see more customization and variations on races in the game, which can be further added to over time as well. 

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Each race has two sub races, and the tulnar are a mix of reptile and mammal. At character creation you will have different sliders to put how much of either you want into the mix. Lore doesn't support there being sub races of the ones that are returning through the portals, and the races that remained that we know of (avian race for one) have been twisted and corrupted beyond recognition.
  • Options
    Yes as Unknown stated above, all current info provided aligns with no additional combinations of playable races.
  • Options
    Again, we need Donkey People
  • Options
    They could do a myriad of things with the Tulnar since they are a conglomerate of the races that remained.

There is ALSO the possibility of stragglers (say a remote hold of dwarves who didn't hear about the exodus until it was too late) who didn't make it off planet and have since become some twisted offshoot of their original race.

I think that's what the OP is wondering about.

• Options
    They could do a myriad of things with the Tulnar since they are a conglomerate of the races that remained.

There is ALSO the possibility of stragglers (say a remote hold of dwarves who didn't hear about the exodus until it was too late) who didn't make it off planet and have since become some twisted offshoot of their original race.

I think that's what the OP is wondering about.

Agreed. Also, considering that the currently playable races are coming back through portals, there's nothing stopping new portals in future bringing new races. 

Who knows, maybe in a few years we'll all be playing as anthropomorphic pandas... nah too silly. :tongue: