Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Long-time Skulker Making Himself Known

Well met, fellow would-be slashers, minstrels, artists, tradesmen, and scholars! I've been watching this endeavor for several months now (even made a singular post in a Q&A discussion a while back), and figured it was time to "officially" join the community. 

My MMO experience is varied and wide, yet not very deep. I started back in the late 90s on Ultima Online, which deeply molded my expectations for what a MMO should be. I have since dabbled in a large number of MMOs, so many F2P titles I can't recall every one, but the standouts for me are/were Final Fantasy XI, Lord of the Rings Online, EVE Online, Fallen Earth, Final Fantasy XIV, and Guild Wars 2. I was also a part of a small multiplayer Minecraft project (we had about 30-40 players on our server) for a couple years. I've rarely reached end game in most of these titles just because I thoroughly enjoy the journey through the games themselves and often try out different paths and roles. UO, FFXIV, and GW2 are the only ones I've "capped out," and even in FFXIV I've slowed down once again and had the end game grow past me once more. 

My playstyle invariably trends towards tank/support roles. I enjoy some solo gaming and lately have taken up some crafting (this is highly dependent on the value of the items crafted and the method & requirements for crafting as a role). Light-medium RP is a huge draw for me, bringing immersion out and making the world feel more alive. 

Looking forward to meeting you all, and hopefully to a wonderful new MMO that I can set some roots down into.

Comments