Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

New Leaked PAX ranger Bow

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited August 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
From @GMSteven over on discord

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Pretty fricking awesome, going to hunt rabbits with it... no sir, not a weapon, not going to use it to take over the world, nope, rabbits. 

• lexmax said:
    From @GMSteven over on discord

Snakes and arrows, oh baby!
  • Ooo so shiny
  • Hmmmm, mixed feelings tbh it does look cool i give it that, but it doesn't look like it would flex well lol
  • Why do I think that this bow belonged to a Niküa overlords back in the days before the corruption :thinking: 
  • Looks neat!
  • I'm not the biggest fan of bows in games and Steven said this is a mid game bow xD I'm pretty impressed by the details :3

Whats and endgame bow gonna look like! Hype xD
  • @Diura This is 'endgame' bow

• It's a little stubby and odd, love the snakes details though
    edited August 2017
    Surely the attacks of that bow causes poisoning, that would be spectacular
  • Very nice!
  • It's a little stubby and odd
    Dwarven bow then? :tongue:
  • It is interesting and detailed but not my style, nice to see that the arrow rest is on the right side of the bow
  • I like it. I think the snakes look super cool and the gold color is awseome. My one gripe with it though is that it seems very stubby. I wish it was longer. Then it would be pretty sick I think.
  • Very bulky and stubby but cool looking concept =)
  • It looks beautiful, but it also looks heavy.  I'm sure it will get admiring looks.
  • Very similar to the Sunwell bows from WoW: TBC. I like it.
  • Looks a little too heavy for my taste, But still looks alright.
  • Shunex said:
    Hmmmm, mixed feelings tbh it does look cool i give it that, but it doesn't look like it would flex well lol
    It's got snakes. It'll flex fine.

• I was hoping for something thinner and longer 
     Ya short and wide doesn't alway fit well. =p
    Maybe it's resizable and it auto stretches to fit an environment. :)
  • Gothix said:
    I was hoping for something thinner and longer 
    Maybe it's resizable and it auto stretches to fit an environment. :)
    This is probably the dwarf model, the elven one shoots farther, but will lack the same impact.... so there will be a option for all types of ladies .... and men  B)
  • T-Elf said:
    It looks beautiful, but it also looks heavy.  I'm sure it will get admiring looks.

That's what she said.......
    edited August 2017
    I'm glad to see a few honest people out there.

I for one am not feeling it. It looks very squat, overly bulky and garish (at least for my taste). More WoW than I would like to see in a supposedly more realistic looking MMO.
  • I honestly like it. It looks cool, realistic loses out but then again its going to be held by an elf... fighting a demon.... to gain favor with a magic node. Realism was never in the equation.   
  • As my main is going to be a ranger I was excited to see the new bow.  I love the snake heads but like a few others have said it looks extremely  heavy and cumbersome.  IMHO bows should get more intricate and ornate as they go up in level not heavier and more cumbersome.  However we don't know if it is a npc weapon a player weapon a dwarven weapon so with no context I will just say it is a very nice piece of art.
    edited August 2017

Cant see myself holding that up for accurate aiming for long ;)

Might get one or two shots off before the arm drops. lol.

Granted....it does look damn pretty.

• Leaked is not accurate. This was intentionally released.
  • Waysm said:
    @Diura This is 'endgame' bow

Thats a really ugly bow.