Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Boats

I'm not aware if this has been posted anywhere but will there be boats/boat combat/ boat building and general piracy activities. I'm a guy who really really loves his boats and that alone would be more then enough for me to go ham on this game.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Yes, there will. It was one of the stretch goals achieved during the Kickstarter.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    You don't sail on a great ocean in a boat, you sail on it in a ship... silly land lubbers
  • Options
    You don't sail on a great ocean in a boat, you sail on it in a ship... silly land lubbers

• Options
    Yes, there will. It was one of the stretch goals achieved during the Kickstarter.

thanks bro. I hope they don't make them insanely difficult to make like every single game in existence that's included them. lookin at you archage and BDO
  • Options

Lol that is one way to describe a ship... a ship can carry a boat but a boat can't carry a ship. (Well in this case the ship is carrying a ship)
  • Options

Lol that is one way to describe a ship... a ship can carry a boat but a boat can't carry a ship. (Well in this case the ship is carrying a ship)

• Options
    This was my favorite part of Archeage and BDO, the ships.

I missed my calling by a few centuries to be a pirate. All that drinking and wenching.
  • Options
    Ahhh sailing in AA gave me the same feeling of RL sailing.  It was marvelous.
  • Options
    Can pirates chain people to the oars or will we have sailing ships? I need to know how many slaves I'll need! =p
  • Options
    Can pirates chain people to the oars or will we have sailing ships? I need to know how many slaves I'll need! =p
    At first I thought you mean chain people to the paddle part of the oars and I was thinking "uhh okaaaaay...?"
  • Options

A ship shipping a ship full of shipment that needed shipping?
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    At first I thought you mean chain people to the paddle part of the oars and I was thinking "uhh okaaaaay...?"

That would be kinda interesting
  • Options
    Has anything been said about what ship combat will look like?  I had always pictured your typical cannons and broadsides and such, but without gunpowder that is out the window a bit.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    mycroft said:
    Has anything been said about what ship combat will look like?  I had always pictured your typical cannons and broadsides and such, but without gunpowder that is out the window a bit.
    Cannons with magic is my guess. Or harpoons/scorpions (the thing Bronn used in last episode of GoT) is my guess if they don't bend the no gunpowder thing
  • Options
    mycroft said:
    In ESO there was one part where you had to kill a giant sea serpent next to your ship. This meant successfully aiming and firing a set of on-board cannons at the right time, with the ship rolling around and also defending your group from enemy soldiers materialising on board and trying to kill you at the same time.

• Options
    Karthos said:
    Cannons with magic is my guess. Or harpoons/scorpions (the thing Bronn used in last episode of GoT) is my guess if they don't bend the no gunpowder thing
    Fingers crossed for the first one, leaves the door open for magic based firearms.
  • Options
    MAN THE HARPOONS

Sounds better than

MAN THE CANNONS
  • Options
    MAN THE HARPOONS

Sounds better than

MAN THE CANNONS
    You know what sounds even better? MAN THE MAGIC HARPOONS!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Wonder if they will have two types of ship. One for the shallows where fishermen can do there fishing and deep water boats for traveling 
  • Options
    Could i use my feet? They are big enough to be their own boats.
  • Options
    Maybe we can load the cannons with dwarves.

Imagine a salve of angry dwarves (that have just been cannon balled to your ship) ripping through your sails, then getting up ready to release all their anger on you.