Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

64 unique classes/ sub classes

What do y'all think the most valuable class/ sub class combinations will be?
I think it would be interesting to see a Cleric/Summoner.
Also how much of impact do you feel the races will play as far as the active and passive abilities?

Comments

• Options
    I think it's a bit to early to speculate on that. I think every class combo will have a role and will be useful at one point or another. Maybe for a certain raid boss you need a bard/summoner for a specific mechanic. That way the ensure people will play all class combos.
  • Options
    Fwuppers said:
    I think it's a bit to early to speculate on that. I think every class combo will have a role and will be useful at one point or another. Maybe for a certain raid boss you need a bard/summoner for a specific mechanic. That way the ensure people will play all class combos.
    I see where you are coming from with that. It will be very interesting to see how it all turns out as the game develops. I'm sure that you could agree that not all combinations will be useable not only from a raiding aspect but PvP as well.
  • Options
    I think the most OP will be the best soloing combination, in FFXI (which this system is probably inspired from) Redmage/Ninja (or whatever it was) could solo some mean raidbosses. Cleric/Summoner sounds similar to this, except it might lack the damage, but anyway I hope they let all classes excel at something and don't listen to people crying injustice because to them different = OP.
  • Options
    Do you think that the racial abilities will be any kind of factor in your choice of class depending on what class you wanna play?
  • Options
    I expect bard secondary to only be picked on martial classes, as the way they presented secondaries it seems to mostly affect you, e.g. the Paladin (Tank/Cleric) is only able to heal himself, not his allies, and unless you are a solo player/ganker, those buffs will not be worth it, and doubling down on caster classes will probably be very popular.
    I myself am looking forward to playing either Bard/Fighter or a Rogue/X, depending on how the bard will work out and how high the skill/impact ceiling is.
    Race selection will for most players only affect secondary classes, as primaries will differ so much in playstyle that you should really settle for the playstyle you are looking forward to.
  • Options
    For myself I'm pretty interested in a few combinations to try out.
    *Tank/Bard
    *Tank/Summoner
    *Summoner/Ranger

I can't say now that these will be what i'll be playing. But going on the information I have. These might turn out to fit what I like to play. And hopefully have a somewhat good combination of abilities.

• Options
    Since so far this thread seems to be populated by relative newcomers to the forums, let's clear up some misconceptions. While technically there are 64 combinations, they will not function in the way many of you seem to think. Here is a quote from the man himself. 

So with your Cleric/Summoner as an example for what it might look like. Cleric modifies one of his heals, so that instead of a glowing beam of light coming down from above to hit the target, little pixies appear and swirl around the targets head sprinkling healing dust on them. Some augments will have a combat affecting component, but most are there just for "flavor."