Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

what do you think the least played class will be?

As the title says.

More importantly is why. I know its a early stage but maybe poeple have already thoughts on this like myself.

Personnaly I think ranger. It doenst really attract me. Rangers always become a little dull for me. Like charging up and shooting arrows. There is no real action to it. Maybe Ashes will change that.

Comments

• Options
    I think archer will be in trouble due to all environmental block spells, ability of any class to go stealth, melee classes being able to pull targets etc.

I may be proven wrong if archers in Ashes get designed not like squishy glass cannons / have some survivability included.
  • Options
    History has shown us that there are never enough healers.
  • Options
    can;t see what fighter see bring to the table but to soon to tell think 
  • Options
    Tanks are always in demand in every game I've seen. Next to that healers (clerics). 
  • Options
    Tank obviously as it has been in every MMO ever made. 
  • Options
    Im not entirely sure but maybe a Bard? Wont be Cleric or tank as they will be in demand.
  • Options
    Summoner or bard
  • Options
    Summoner.. because what the hell is that..

Tanks are always needed, so alot play them.
    Clerics always needed, same as tanks.
    Rangers always seem to have people who like to nuke from a distance, same as playing a mage.
    Rogue is always popular.
    Fighter will get the attention of WoW paladin nerds that don't want to tank cos they suck at tanking so they pick paladin. 
    Bards something New, fun and exciting compared to most MMO's so it'll get a lot of attention.

But Summoner? Realistically, who wants to summon a giant powerful creature to the battlefield, only to have something come up and 1 shot the caster to have their summon disappear..

I guess it just comes down to how well the summoner is made.
  • Options
    I didn't vote because I couldn't choose between Bard and Tank. Most to Least as I estimate

Fighter
    Rogue
    Mage
    Ranger
    Cleric
    Summoner
    Bard or Tank
    Tank or Bard

But that second/sub class thing is a game changer. So I think we should vote over those 64 combinations.
  • Options
    Due to the multiple combinations and choices  and possibility of self heals for many others, I think a true healing cleric will be the least chosen,
  • Options
    I think the Summoner in the first place will be played a lot but In the end it will be played less because it wont do enough damage in a group so it will be less popular. That's my guess anyway.
  • Options
    With so many combinations, it's difficult to even guess what will be needed. If Ashes goes the right of every other MMO, it'll be Healer and Tank missing like always, while there's a thousand DPS eagerly waiting to join a group :P
  • Options
    I chose Bard because although it's a very good class and people love playing it, many games have Bards as more of a support class which tends to be the least popular role.

I hope I'm wrong because support is amazing, but I imagine we will see more mages, rangers and tanks than bards.
  • Options
    How about we wait and see what all the classes do before we start doing this stuff
  • Options
    Math class.
  • Options
    Bard Karthos said:
    I chose Bard because although it's a very good class and people love playing it, many games have Bards as more of a support class which tends to be the least popular role.

I hope I'm wrong because support is amazing, but I imagine we will see more mages, rangers and tanks than bards.
    I agree, the bard will probably have a fun play style but support does tend to be less popular than combat orientated classes.
  • Options
    Bard, I think everyone will have one, and try one, but I think very few will actually use it as a main.
  • Options
    I say Bard but now that I think about it if a bard plays like I'm use to then the buffs granted from there songs are going to be in high demand. 
  • Options
    lol.. i love how the polls that ask "what are you going to play" have almost the same outcome as this poll. Makes me wonder about the vailidity :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Bard duh... what use is a flute when ppl are swinging swords and shooting arrows at you.
  • Options
    Necromancer Image result for kappa
  • Options
    Oooo I'm pretty surprised by the results so far o.o I thought bard would be one of the most popular ^^
  • Options
    Currently I have to go Bard (even though I am going to play it) as we know hardly anything about the mechanics of the class.
  • Options
    I traditionally love the Bard class, but depending on their role it is entirely possible people could abandon them if they're not "LOL TOP DEEPS" or "WTFLOLHEALZ". 
  • Options
    Nevermuse said:
    I traditionally love the Bard class, but depending on their role it is entirely possible people could abandon them if they're not "LOL TOP DEEPS" or "WTFLOLHEALZ". 
    Another reason not to make meters a thing. Not a public thing, at least.
  • Options
    I can see the summoner class being something of a warlock hybrid class able to conjure up all sorts of different types of entities 
  • Options
    I just need to know what combo Warlock/Necro will be and thats what i play
  • Options
    Its always lack of tanks and healers follow straight after those. Bard and summoner are less used classes in mmorpgs why people thinks those will be less played, but i think those will be played at least decent amount. Its not that people would not like to play as a tank or a healer, but its that they dont want to take that responsibility of other players lifes.