Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Dungeons and End Game PvE Raid type content.

I certainly understand that there is much we do not know yet and much to be determined.  I have not seen everything mentioned by the development team as well.

What I have read/watched seems that the dungeons and any assemblance of end game raiding will be fluid/change and come and go with the development level of the node they exist in. 

My concern is always with the more social and casual to moderate guilds being able to participate in such activities while also providing a challenge to the more competitive raid groups.  While I have raided at the high end, most recently ESO clearing HM or all their trials, I also run with more casual guilds and understand it takes longer and requires more work overall to clear a raid that offers a worthy challenge.

My question to the development team is, well first question, are raids going to disappear over time as the nodes evolve and devolve?  If so, what is the plan to accommodate the more casual/moderate players?

While we are at it, will there be PvP Raid leaderboards?

Comments

• ThatGuy2 said:
    My question to the development team is, well first question, are raids going to disappear over time as the nodes evolve and devolve?  If so, what is the plan to accommodate the more casual/moderate players?
    They accommodate casual players by having open world raid and dungeon content that is not gated by level or gear.
  • lexmax said:
    ThatGuy2 said:
    They accommodate casual players by having open world raid and dungeon content that is not gated by level or gear.

Thank you for your reply, however, that is merely access to the content.  If the content is designed to offer a worthy challenge it will take a more casual to moderate group more time to get the mechanics down and be able to clear it. 

If it disappears to fast and if that casual group will have to go through the same learnings over an over without having the ability to also run raids they have already learned it becomes less fun for them.

I am saying this as one who has cleared all raids at all difficulty levels in ESO.  Not many guilds in that game can say that at this time.  I also raid with a more casual guild and understand the work they put into it.  It is why I ask the question.
  • Your "endgame" content would most likely be unlocked at node level 5 or 6. That is the city and metropolis level. To delevel a 5 or 6 is going to be a monumental task that will take a real effort to do. Odds are dungeons and raid content will be around for at least a few months at a minimum before disappearing due to a node siege delevel. You also seem to be running with the assumption that every guild will have access to that content. Your node may be half the world away from said raid, it may be in an area hostile to you and yours, and several other factors that could mean, even though you are a casual or the bees-knees hardcore brah guild, that you never even get close to the entrance, much less mount multiple runs at something. Remember there is no port/fast travel to group mechanic, no summoning stones, or any of that other fancy stuff that allows you to just show up and plug away at something. Part of the fun and challenge will actually getting to said content with your group intact and functioning.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Well casual/new players are pretty much artificially excluded from raid content anyway. The vets do the dungeon over and over and over. Min maxing, class build, skills, gear, exploits and coordination.

That works because it is predictable because the content is always the same and never changes. Now these dungeons will not be constant. They will be transient. There is no min/maxing and 'knowing' any dungeon. Instead all groups will have to do what the pioneers did who got the 1st clears and posted the look at my epeen videos.

They will have to build versatile and adaptable to cover all bases and eventualities because they do not know what they will face. Intrepid thus enforce build diversity rather than kill it.

Now we can get back to instictive skill, mutual trust and full on teamwork, rather than simply apeing someone elses recipe for success to get some shinies while raging at someone else for not wearing the right gear and using the right skill at the right time in exactly the right place.
  • This is what I like about this game. It will not always be the same dungeons. Your main nodes will stay for a while and so you will have access to those dungeons but overall things will change up. I think this will help to introduce "new" content without the devs having to constantly adding new material
  • J_M_O_ said:
    This is what I like about this game. It will not always be the same dungeons. Your main nodes will stay for a while and so you will have access to those dungeons but overall things will change up. I think this will help to introduce "new" content without the devs having to constantly adding new material
    Well this changing node system brings something fresh to traditional dungeons/raids and classes utility abilities spices up those even more if implemented interesting way.

I have still waited the next big innoative thing like raids was when introduced in WoW Burning legion. What that could be..?  :/