Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Housing/Special buildings

So as far as the game design go's I am hearing a lot of new ideas that are very creative and i'm extremely looking forward to this game and with the destructive aspect in it i think it may allow a long lost idea that has been in many show's, anime, and debates among gamers through the ages. 
With every game many of us like to look into the crafting system such as professions as it were. But how far do profession's go?
Most of the time we go into it for gear or to sell gear, some of us are in it for quests or achievements. I personally have had a concept that i would love to see realized in this game and that is that you can own a home and this home is unique to the player. Yes i know its been done before but what if you could select this property to become a profession building such as a blacksmith where someone could come to trade, buy, and sell weapons directly to you  and the money goes into your pocket its a concept that is amazing giving life to the npc's that we just emptied our bags into because we needed cash or more space. Now due to the factor that no one person can be on at all time's to support a building there will need adjustments for the concept to work such as being able to purchase npc's to work your building while your away or making it a guild building etc..
With the destructive environment concept that allows for no player to completely own a building/ area forever this makes it plausible and completely eligible for this game to be able to have this concept.. 
This concept may be too early for the MMO genre but i would like for it to be reviewed as a passionate gamer. I would like to hear everyone's thoughts and critiques cause that is always how these crazy ideas get somewhere.

Comments

• Options
    As far as owning property goes, thats been confirmed, whether thats an apartment in a city or a farmstead in the wilderness. Where it comes in to owning a shop for players to interact with, I do believe that the economic cities will have some sort of stalls you can use similar to your concept.
  • Options
    dylaniam said:
     Yes i know its been done before but what if you could select this property to become a profession building such as a blacksmith where someone could come to trade, buy, and sell weapons directly to you  and the money goes into your pocket its a concept that is amazing giving life to the npc's that we just emptied our bags into because we needed cash or more space. Now due to the factor that no one person can be on at all time's to support a building there will need adjustments for the concept to work such as being able to purchase npc's to work your building while your away or making it a guild building etc..
    With the destructive environment concept that allows for no player to completely own a building/ area forever this makes it plausible and completely eligible for this game to be able to have this concept.. 
    This concept may be too early for the MMO genre but i would like for it to be reviewed as a passionate gamer. I would like to hear everyone's thoughts and critiques cause that is always how these crazy ideas get somewhere.
    This is pretty much exactly what Freeholds do in Ashes of creation.
    Regarding NPCS on your Freehold (video link).

Destructibility of Freeholds: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/34405/information-nodes-and-sieges/p1
  • Options
    Exactly as what @lexmax has said :3 Freeholds will be very personalised to the individual due to allowing freeholds to be structured in this way :3 I look forward visiting lots of freeholds xD
  • Options
    thanks guys i am very pleased to receive this information regarding to the concept and confirmation that it will be implemented into the game it is very heartening to see a game take these kind of risks and break barriers into new phases of games that weren't pushed into mmo's before glad to see the responses and would like to hear any additional ideas for buildings just out of curiosity. 
  • Options
    id really also like to comment that i hope this game can hopefully bring the mmo world one step closer to the true goal of almost every mmo. to one day be able to become like S.A.O. or LOG HORIZON not in the negative aspects but in the theory of how it would be so cool to be able to have a range of freedom in a game to be able to make a town into well a village you know everyone own's there own building/ business and you have to strive as a community to develop the town into whatever it will become maybe you want to become a faction that goes to war, maybe you want to be a multipurpose place filled with trade, crafting, and social events, or maybe you want to keep it small scale and just make a place for you and your friends to hangout and go on adventures. we all have that dream of one day waking up and go how close can i get it to be to where i can almost make this into a different reality. I personally have high hopes and would love to see this infuse what so many games have given us and move forward.
  • Options
    I am looking forward to the Free Holds where a player can get really creative. Glad this is in play.

I hope we really have a lot of customizing ability through crafting, with the options that evolve as the game evolves over time.

So curious will breaking into someones home or destroying it be a thing? If so, could we devise traps, hire guards, have guard pets to protect our property when it is being attacked?

• Options
    @Dorje freeholds can be locked, so stealing from them won't be a thing unless the parent node has just fallen in a siege. Then there is a window of time where they can be plundered!
  • Options
    @lexmax thanks for the 411 :)
  • Options
    I believe Devs have said there will be a 2 hour window where your home can be attacked if your nodes falls.  Also they said you can hire guards.
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    I believe Devs have said there will be a 2 hour window where your home can be attacked if your nodes falls.  Also they said you can hire guards.
    TY @T-Elf :)

• Options
    Dorje said:
    T-Elf said:
    TY @T-Elf :)

This is correct. One thing we are waiting on for clarification is freehold destruction due to zoi shrinkage. We have conflicting reports on whether a freehold will just "poof" if its attached node zoi is reduced, vs staying in place and viable. Going to be some upset people if they are riding hard to go defend their freehold and support all those guards they hired, to roll up and see that their stuff has disappeared without a fight because they placed at the outer edge of their nodes zoi.