Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Taxation and how it will effect you as a player.

• It appears that there will be guild taxation. I am not clear if this will be set by the Guild or be a flat fee.
  • Node taxation how is this going to work.
  • Marketplace taxation how will this work.
  • I am not sure of any other taxation.
For the guilds it will be important for them to grow not to have the taxation too high as people may feel there being exploited. Yes there will be some people who will do this.

Are marketplaces going to be a flat tax fee or is this set buy the seller and where does that tax go.

Will there be some mechanic to avoid paying taxes as we can do in real life.

Comments

• Options
    Yep, mechanic is there. Don't claim node citizenship, don't own housing, don't buy stuff from vendors, don't join a guild. No taxes. Living as a hermit off the land with no access to the services that a node/guild/citizenship provides is doable, just don't know how much fun it would be. I guess you could live off the satisfaction that you are "sticking it to the man!"
    The whole point from a developers standpoint is to create gold and timesinks in a subscription based game. If you don't have item degradation and other fees that require a person to spend time making gold, people get bored fairly quickly of only doing the "fun" stuff. Once you have run the same dungeon 50 times, people just complain there "isn't enough content" and move on to the next thing. 
    I know people who think it is best for them to drive an extra hour to save money when filling up on gas for their car. "I drove over to this place, cause I saved 5 cents more than that other place that was trying to rip me off." Never figuring in the extra cost of the gas that they spent driving to their "best spot", and the time they spent out of their life for a minimal return and in many cases a net loss.
  • Options
    Well that should be an achievement. Make 10,000 gold by being a hermit. That would be a very rare one indeed.
    Yes I understand full well the need for time and gold sinks or else the game economy will collapse.

• Options
    NightshadeRaven said:

What's the mechanic used in real life?
  • Options
    Egolego said:
    NightshadeRaven said:

It's called tax evasion.  I wouldn't recommend it since it's illegal.
  • Options
    Opiee said:
    Egolego said:
    NightshadeRaven said:

Mhm. I was thinking more about the VAT part
  • Options
    Looking forward to the scientific node and it's democratic elections. I'll be disappointed at the results irl and in my fantasy world <3
  • Options
    Opiee said:
    Egolego said:
    NightshadeRaven said:

Al Capone did it, and he turned out alright. Can't be all bad.
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Opiee said:
    Egolego said:
    NightshadeRaven said:

Except for the whole going to prison thing.  Minor details though right?
  • Options
    And losing his mind to syphilis probably wasn't good either
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Opiee said:
    Egolego said:
    NightshadeRaven said:

Except for the whole going to prison thing.  Minor details though right?