Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Evolution/Gaining System

First things first I just want to apologize for my english i'm just learning it in school and hope you can read it without big trouble and enjoy it

Hey guys do you think it is possible to write something like an evolution system for the Characters. For example a skill evolves to another skill based on the choiches one has made,what race he belongs to,which class he chooses,which sub-class he chooses,what he's doing the most for example he's acting like a ninja all stealthy and everything than a skill named punch would become a skill named shadow punch or unseen punch  or he is mostly going on a rampage and causes riots than the skill named punch would evolve into a skill,named furios punch or something like that. The stats and everything else would also be set and changed on the other things i listed earlier and maybe you could also aquire some skills (Active and Passive)because of your behavoir and everything else this sure would be difficult but i think it would be awesome if every player would be uniqe and no one would be the same as the other. Another idea of mine would be something like mutations that are random maye 1 out of 1000 (or more) created charakters or something like that and it could be something like because of a magical herb ,that helps regenerating mana,that your mother took when you were in your mothers belly your cells mutated and your mana regeneration has increased by x percent .Maybe mutations can also be caused by consuming a huge amount of a herb in a short time or maybe of something you were exposed or so

That are just some ideas that i had after i thought a bit about it and thinking a bit about some MMORPG anime and manga for example
Anime : SAO,Grimgar
Manga : The Gamer

I hope you guys liked this idea 

Comments

• Options
    First idea always is nice but try implementing that as developer, its almost impossible. Monitoring behaviour is one of the hardest things to do in games as you can't make the system see reasoning behind actions. 
    It cannot see when youre acting stealthy, nor when youre intentionally hitting certain other limits to trigger these transformations.
    Not to mention... the more abilities, the more stuff to balance, the more stuff that will keep the PvP unbalanced.

The mutation thing... you know what will happen right? People will just create and delete their character non-stop till they get a mutation that fits their needs :expressionless:
    And even if they couldnt spam-create characters like that... that would be an advantage for some people based on RNG. If you want people mad, add more rng to your game :P

Nice idea's, but as it is i feel like its not something developers would be able to succesfully implement without hurting the players
  • Options
    Yes you could so this with a skill point distribution system.
    As long as the skill framework itself was balanced and dualistic.

But garnering intent is impossible....as said above.
    You could however have your major stats defined by you and then minor deviations that occur due to frequency of skill use.
    Nature (birth) vs nurture (evolution)