Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Better advertisement

I found some news about this MMO a few days ago on YT. I live in Poland and what i have to suggest is YOU need better advertisement for this game. I am rly hyped on this MMO and i am sure there is a lot of ppl who will feel the same as i do. But i dont see a lot of info on internet about AoC. Will you do something with it ? Europe ppl seems dont even know you exist and what are you making. You start with kickstarter , it have more like 2k Backers, there can be more with better advertisement.

Im not kidding about it, check yourself Europe ppl dont know nothing about AoC and what is it.

Comments

• Options
    As an indie studio without a big budget for marketing a product that was only in the concept stages they went with the referral system. The game is fully funded, the Kickstarter was done just to add extra content to the game before release. They went for 750k and got 4-5 times their goal. As the game progresses through alpha and beta over the next two years you might see a more traditional approach to game marketing, but I wouldn't count on it. Hype is all good, but they don't want to become the next No Man's Cry, with hordes of fanbois screaming into their forum, and then trying to decapitate the game when their particular feature is shot down or not envisioned.
  • Options
    This game is nowhere close to being finished, it has years left in development, advertisement is a waste of money right now, word of mouth is better then spending money, once alpha is underway thats when you start some advertisement funding
  • Options
    I am almost certain they were saving their PR for PAX. The best PR is word of mouth. However I feel strongly they should've waited to extend crowdfunding during and after PAX to reach more people that way. 
  • Options
    As an indie studio without a big budget for marketing a product that was only in the concept stages they went with the referral system. The game is fully funded, the Kickstarter was done just to add extra content to the game before release. They went for 750k and got 4-5 times their goal. As the game progresses through alpha and beta over the next two years you might see a more traditional approach to game marketing, but I wouldn't count on it. Hype is all good, but they don't want to become the next No Man's Cry, with hordes of fanbois screaming into their forum, and then trying to decapitate the game when their particular feature is shot down or not envisioned.
    I agree, sadly we are already starting to see the latter part :(
  • Options
    Those interested in MMO's in general should know about it. Youtube's algorithms will help a lot. I do not remember which YouTuber informed me about this game, as I've watched plenty. 
  • Options
    I do agree, most people i talk to they didnt know it to. So i try my best to get them over here. But there mostly like, its 2 years away dude xD.
  • Options
    One of the other common threads that is starting to pop up is from people who have just found out about the game and don't seem to understand that they are not going for an early cash grab like Star Citizen or Albion Online in how they funded the game. The development of the core function was fully funded before the Kickstarter was even kicked around as an idea, and the stated purpose of the Kickstarter was to secure minimal additional funding to add some features that they wanted to do, but didn't have the budget to fit in before their planned development milestones. That goal was accomplished, and you aren't going to see another round of crowdfunding. You will see the option to purchase alpha/beta access as those come nearer, but those will be with the intention of filling out any lack of numbers of whatever projected testing population target they are missing.

• Options
    Cascco said:
    I found some news about this MMO a few days ago on YT. I live in Poland and what i have to suggest is YOU need better advertisement for this game. I am rly hyped on this MMO and i am sure there is a lot of ppl who will feel the same as i do. But i dont see a lot of info on internet about AoC. Will you do something with it ? Europe ppl seems dont even know you exist and what are you making. You start with kickstarter , it have more like 2k Backers, there can be more with better advertisement.

Im not kidding about it, check yourself Europe ppl dont know nothing about AoC and what is it.

I'm neither from Europe nor NA, but I've seen a lot of European people who are into MMO following this game, both in Youtube and Reddit. Why do you talk behalf of all the continent?

Also, this game has a long way to go 'till its relase, why would they make an advertisement about something that's going to be released 1-2 year later? 

"Hey people around the world, we're making a great game, but it's gonna be released in two years at best. So enjoy your never-ending hype for years"

Enough people know about this game already and the game is not even at a contribution level for the people, Since NA people who attend PAX will know what's going around the game, there isn't much to do for rest of the people around the world, but giving creative suggestions and ideas for developers to catch on. And game funding is beyond expectations. People are throwing money at Intrepid like Dan Bilzerian on girls.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    "Why do you talk behalf of all the continent? Also, this game has a long way to go 'till its relase, why would they make an advertisement about something that's going to be released 1-2 year later? " I talk about Europe caus ei am from Europe and all i can see are advertisement from English speaking players living in USA. Black Desert Online was giving info 3 years before UE realase and when it was launched servers were full, they had to open new ones. If there will be better commercial program, more players will buy game isnt it obvious?

This is perfect shot now, players from BDO are bored to death, Albion failed...so there is not as good MMO as BDO now. If players from MMO game swill see about AoC and what it can offer they will surely visit forum to see what happens, they also have their idea what was bad in other MMO and what can be better here. More brains more ideas.
  • Options
    I think people advertising is best idea, like I already told some friend and they check the game and say they like it
  • Options
    Word of mouth is one of the best forms of advertising and that is how Intrepid Studios started the ball rolling in bringing Ashes of Creation to the attention of the public. Much of that public has invested time and money hoping to help influence a great gaming concept that Ashes promises. 

Word of mouth is gathering speed and saving money that can better be spent on game development.

Gamers all over the world are hearing and listening and many waiting impatiently for what promises to be a great game. The game has a long way to go before real advertising will take place.
  • Options
    Intrepid have been using different forms of advertising rather than conventional methods xD and I loves it ^^ 

Rather than spending money on advertising for now - they encourage the referral system - which not only benefits the company by drawing in more members but also benefits the existing member :)

Utilizing gaming events at such an early stage in development - and streaming them- will help to show off some gameplay and real time player feedback :) #paxhype although it costs to go to event likes PAX they are selling merchandise which while cover costs and help fund the game development.

........and rememeber they were on CBS xD

so rather than plastering the internet with banners they've been using a more interactive and personal approach to advertising their game :3 It will be a long slow process but it's the best way to ensure good information is being passed onto the community and introduces a wide variety of players to the game xD
  • Options
    Cascco said:
    "Why do you talk behalf of all the continent? Also, this game has a long way to go 'till its relase, why would they make an advertisement about something that's going to be released 1-2 year later? " I talk about Europe caus ei am from Europe and all i can see are advertisement from English speaking players living in USA. Black Desert Online was giving info 3 years before UE realase and when it was launched servers were full, they had to open new ones. If there will be better commercial program, more players will buy game isnt it obvious?

This is perfect shot now, players from BDO are bored to death, Albion failed...so there is not as good MMO as BDO now. If players from MMO game swill see about AoC and what it can offer they will surely visit forum to see what happens, they also have their idea what was bad in other MMO and what can be better here. More brains more ideas.
    I am from Earth, let me talk on behalf of every single non-alien  creature on our planet.

Black Desert Online was NOT giving info in EU, fans were giving to other fans through social media, preparing videos like any other Asian Base MMORPG game they have done. English speaking people openned and launched by gathering information from Korean servers and gameplay. Neither KakaoGames nor PearlAbyss wasn't advertising anything in EU by themselves in those 3 years ago you mentioned. It wasn't even clear that EU would have got a server back then.  People were trying to play in KR and RU servers. But raging popularity lured distirbution companies to get a deal with the developer studio.

Also, Dorion and YsangGaming made several videos on it in Deutsch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PbJZsWsIYM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFZAz6srqnQ,

Requiem MMORPG in Russian
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P9e-kAwVGI

Some other channel in Turkish
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awsPEuD1RZ0

Also it's on youku through several users(Chinese)
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjc5OTc3MzI5Mg==.html?spm=a2h0k.8191407.0.0&from=s1.8-1-1.2

I don't understand how you expect a game coming from English speaking country to advertise it so fast with multi-languages at this circumstance. Not to mention, Black Desert Online was way ahead of what AOC is today. In 2014 we were already having videos on that massive character creation, where it's barely prepared in AOC.  And it has started to be developing in 2009-2010 , in 2013-2014 footages started to get released. When did Ashes of Creation started to be developing?

I think people are giving enough suggestion and ideas, and even some repetitive and some is impossible to implement in a MMORPG, not to mention in this kind of development area UN4. 

• Options
    Ariatras said:
    Those interested in MMO's in general should know about it. Youtube's algorithms will help a lot. I do not remember which YouTuber informed me about this game, as I've watched plenty. 
    I saw it at Lazypeon, apparently he's hyped too.

About the referral system: If you tell 5 of your friends about the game and they do the same, in 13 cycles we'll have exceeded the population of the earth (and you'll be a millionaire)
  • Options
    Egolego said:
    Ariatras said:

About the referral system: If you tell 5 of your friends about the game and they do the same, in 13 cycles we'll have exceeded the population of the earth (and you'll be a millionaire)
    Six degrees of separation is the idea that all living things and everything else in the world are six or fewer steps away from each other so that a chain of "a friend of a friend" statements can be made to connect any two people in a maximum of sixsteps

❤️ 
  • Options
    Diura said:
    Egolego said:
    Ariatras said:

Six degrees of separation is the idea that all living things and everything else in the world are six or fewer steps away from each other so that a chain of "a friend of a friend" statements can be made to connect any two people in a maximum of sixsteps

❤️ 
    Due to a few court orders, I'm not allowed to be only 6 steps away from some places... 

Also, apparently it's frowned upon to use a Merry go round while intoxicated.
  • Options
     I just discoverd the game about 2 ago through YouTube  and I'm very excited about it I think it has the unbelievable possibility to be the next great MMO coming from a old time EQ1 EQ2 player.  I think it what they are doing as far as marketing is perfect.  There is no reason to rush things especially if Beta is not till 2019 or possibly longer the best thing to do is just focus on building this great game up and allow gamers to discover it through friends and online and it will grow in and of itself until they're really ready to release the full product. 
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Diura said:
    Egolego said:
    Ariatras said:

❤️ 
    Due to a few court orders, I'm not allowed to be only 6 steps away from some places... 

Also, apparently it's frowned upon to use a Merry go round while intoxicated.
    I'm dizzy and afraid I might over step..............
  • Options
    There's a simple solution to this.
    Put this onto your European Facebook page - https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Flameh0t/
    Then they will know about it!
    Tadaa, problem solved.
  • Options
    Going to PAX will generate quite a bit of hype, from people whom might not know about the game yet. I expect a large intake of new forum goers :)
  • Options
    No need for advertisement. Let them regret not being present during the KS...
    *cries alone in a corner* 
  • Options
    Waysm said:
    No need for advertisement. Let them regret not being present during the KS...
    *cries alone in a corner* 
    .........................*Offers her shoulder and a tissue*
  • Options
    Cascco said:

Actually the Kickstarter had like 22k backers I think right? $3 million earned?
  • Options
    Yes, the actual official Kickstarter had just under 20000 backers and earned 3.2 million. Because there was a very vocal minority screaming that they were not able to back because KS doesn't accept Paypal, they decided to offer what was called the Summer Backing for one month after the Kickstarter ended. They couldn't run them at the same time due to restrictions from KS. The Summer Backing was not as successful bulk wise as the initial KS. It only generated around 1000 brand new pledges, since people who upgraded their initial KS pledge were also counted in the total. Since they decided to mask how much additional money was coming in by giving a running total of backers instead of money raised goals, we will never know how much it was. However you can extrapolate and guess and figure the Summer Backing probably only raised 100k to 400k at a maximum.
    Regardless, those that find out about the game now often rush into these forums and then begin to bitch and moan about what they missed out on, and how Intrepid are fools for not taking their hard-earned pesos. Once they delve into the information and background of the game, perhaps they will realize that the game has been fully funded from the start, and crowdfunding was used as a way to provide money for extra staff to fit content in that wasn't going to happen before launch. They have certain development timelines and milestones that they are trying to stick to, so they don't become some bloated piece of neverware like Star Citizen.