Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Watching the World Burn

So when a node is destroyed or deleved, do you think we should have quests and such revolving around refugees or even see refugee groups leaving the cities? It can be a neat way to see the effects of sieges!

Comments

• Might be part of the religion sub class. Doing good deeds to increase your "service" ranking.
  • This idea could open a whole new line of quests!  
  • This idea could open a whole new line of quests!  
    I hope it'll help clerics especially so they have like healing and caring for sick quests.
  • I like this idea too! good thinking!
  • Wraeven said:
    I like this idea too! good thinking!
    I like it when people tell me I think good! =D
  • oh, dang...this could be a time thing where a little while after the siege has ended the refugees are like gathering what they have left from the rubble and moving out in groups across the land....

when this happens it could be like their caravans....you can choose to protect or attack to further the pvp efforts....
  • Love this idea. Best way to make a world feel current and alive is with things like this!
  • I think I remember IS saying that if even a few stay in the node area the city can be saved, so, it would be interesting to have a quest where you were the last line of defence. Against all odds, you manage to push back the forces of evil and you and your companion's names will be put on a plaque somewhere!
    You could also have scavengers come along and try to pick apart what little is left of the community you grew to love.
    Maybe if a Node is destroyed something about it will change, like craters and scorch marks outside the city that will heal, in time, but mark the past of the city.
  • Zid said:
    I think I remember IS saying that if even a few stay in the node area the city can be saved, so, it would be interesting to have a quest where you were the last line of defence. Against all odds, you manage to push back the forces of evil and you and your companion's names will be put on a plaque somewhere!
    You could also have scavengers come along and try to pick apart what little is left of the community you grew to love.
    Maybe if a Node is destroyed something about it will change, like craters and scorch marks outside the city that will heal, in time, but mark the past of the city.
    Healing the scars of war does sound like a cleric-y thing to do!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    You mean some people never defended their city to the death ?
    Shame on them.
    What society could possibly rely on them to stand up for each other.
    Cowards and traitors.
    :)