Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What will happen with waterskins?

An odd question I know, so I'll elaborate a bit. Every MMO I've seen so far has had your drinks have their containers disappear after you drink them, while I can understand why this is done I also see it as a wasted opportunity. Why are the containers just destroyed when immediately used? While this makes sense with drinks made through the use of spells, it doesn't with every other beverage. Wouldn't it be more effective and efficient to have the empty containers take up space in the character's inventory so those containers can be used for other things? I think it would be interesting, and maybe a little amusing, to see a character gathering water in a wine bottle they had just used to get hammered a few minutes prior. I also think it would be interesting to see characters break down a wooden barrel they had emptied to get at the wood as a resource for something else. I hate wasted resources, which is why I have an overall disdain for explosives as a whole. I like it better when resources can be reused in some way, and having drink containers go from full to needing to be used while also taking up space in the inventory will add to the layers of getting players to have their own approach to things. Would you sell your empty containers for a nominal fee? Fill them with a necessary resource and sell them to other players or non-players? Fill them with a potentially hazardous material so you can take advantage of them later on down the line? Use them to hold components for one of your crafts?

There's a lot you can do with the containers taking up space in the inventory after what they were initially carrying has been consumed.

Comments