Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Human-like movements?!

Alright first of all, i am 100% sure this is not the place for this to be placed but since i am new to the forums and yet i don't know whats up here i'll apologize and get it over here.
Alright so, we already know that its an open world game where you can do absolutely anything (almost i guess) yet so i've been thinking how the character movements are? how do they react? do they show their emotions?
Lets say someone is depressed right? why not be able to cry? or if he is happy laugh.
when you people sight in real life, you do some kind of move right either you tilt your head a little or like facepalm or some sort of move right?
When you wave at someone, hand shake, the OK sign, that sort of movements are what i am talking about.
I am pretty sure that i'd totally enjoy seeing a character be able to reflect human emotions with just some keybinds.
Having a beautiful world to play and great system over economy, building and stuff is good but...there are more.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, i'd love to know how you guys think about this what is your opinion on this matter, would you like something like that?

Comments

• I am always for more functionality, but not at the expense of core systems. Could realistic facial emotes be added farther down the line? Sure. But I would rather they concentrate on delivering what they have promised for core systems right now. They have a huge helping of extra content that they took on into the development process with the Kickstarter stretch goals, and if they want to avoid scope creep, need to work on getting stuff created, packaged, and put into alpha to be tuned in their self-imposed timeline so this doesn't turn into another endless development like Star Citizen where the napoleonic owner/developer decides to add features every he goes to Coachella and drops acid.
  • Discussion has been moved to Ashes of Creation design board.

thanks,

• Having many expressive emotes is always fun but I too would rather Intrepid concentrate on the core game and what we are all looking forward to before they even think about such things.  I'm sure most of the basic emotes will be in at start. Others can surely be added down the line.   
  • One thing I've heard as a request every now and again is for people to be able to choose a personality set, for basic movement and idling to show a particular character's style.  like If I wanted a more feminine stance with my character, and maybe a princess run, versus a go getter with an arm pumping run.
  • "like If I wanted a more feminine stance with my character, and maybe a princess run, versus a go getter with an arm pumping run."

Image result for mincing gif
    vs
    Image result for princess running gif
  • As an Elf, I'd really prefer to not move like a human if at all possible :|
  • I can imagine a raid group of 7 foot tall burly dudes mincing their way toward a boss, sounds legit.
  • i wanna be a beta tester, or even alpha tester, OR MAYBE BOTH T_T i cant wait any longer i want it.

• lexmax said:
    As an Elf, I'd really prefer to not move like a human if at all possible :|
    Ya! Give us Elf-like movements for elves!
  • Like this?