Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Things I wish I'd been told re: Starting PvP

Hi all,
In the Design section, @UnknownSystemError recently posted:
 '...UnknownSystemError: I was watching a PUBG video the other day where a guy is hiding in the tall grass, and he just gets destroyed. He learns later that having his graphics options on max so that all the pretty flowers are being rendered around him is probably not a good when everyone else can just turn foliage off and basically he is just crouched down out in the open for everyone to see...'

Ooh! Great tip! - Playing Crafters and so on usually, so I don't tend to think about that type of thing!!! (Glosterian scribbles furiously on pad titled 'AoC notes for the future.')

So - as a previously only very-rare and hesitant PvP-er....what else should I write in my notepad re starting PVP?

Comments

• That was talking about a game where the mechanics from Ashes will be radically different. But if you are running a potato, and are planning on pvping, lowest setting so you don't experience stutters is always a good idea.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017

Run the game in black and white at 480p an kill every other task running on your system ;) Turn off all the social network side to maximise bandwidth and minimise latency.

Oh Wait! Now the beautiful game looks shit and whats the point of an MMO when you cant communicate with others ?

Makes the compatibility of hardcore and MMO questionable really. Sacrifice the RPG side so you can make it into an FPS type game. :)

• Some would sacrifice their own mothers to make life easier for themselves.  
    edited August 2017
    Some would sacrifice their own mothers to make life easier for themselves.  

To WIN you mean ? Its just a small keyboard macro. Its not the most powerful memory mapper.

They call it being competitive I think ;)

• I rub my computer in virgin blood to make it run faster. 

It works, but for some reason I get really woozy while playing... my doctor said probably from blood loss.
  • Some would sacrifice their own mothers to make life easier for themselves.  

To WIN you mean ? Its just a small keyboard macro. Its not the most powerful memory mapper.

They call it being competitive I think ;)

Sounds more like people who look for exploits to me.  Nothing competitive about that.  That's not using skills or abilities.   It's more like an easy way out for people who have no confidence in themselves.    
    edited August 2017
    Sounds more like people who look for exploits to me.  Nothing competitive about that.  That's not using skills or abilities.   It's more like an easy way out for people who have no confidence in themselves.    
    Garden rakes are the best for mmorpg. 

• That was talking about a game where the mechanics from Ashes will be radically different. But if you are running a potato, and are planning on pvping, lowest setting so you don't experience stutters is always a good idea.
    Potato computer
    I am ready to play!!!