Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hiya, Rhapsody here

Hi everyone. I wanted to introduce myself. I've come a little late  (or maybe a little early) to the party. As I've not paid too much attention to Ashes as it's still a little ways off. However, it's becoming harder and harder to ignore AoC as it is gaining momentum.

I've played a lot of MMO's. Starting with my first (Lineage 2) in 2002 (early beta). 

I've really had a hole in me of late as I've lost confidence in the MMO genre as a whole and the only MMO i've played lately has been Vanilla wow. 

I think AoC is definitely going in the right direction with a subscription based model.

I'm getting exciting just writing this post.. the Hype Train is on the tracks and moving.. there .. is.. no stopping.. it.

~ Rhapsody ~

Comments

• Options
    hello and a very warm welcome to the Ashes community <3
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Why thank you Belewyn. ;) Nice to be welcomed.
  • Options
    Hey there ! Welcome to the family.
    we all share your hopes and dreams   :)
  • Options
    Welcome to our great community!  
  • Options
    Hello @Rhapsody o/ and welcome to the community smile
  • Options
    Wraeven said:
    Hey there ! Welcome to the family.
    we all share your hopes and dreams   :)
    Ty and yes my dreams are for a friendly, immersive ,beautiful, open world adventure where i feel a part of something greater.. 
  • Options
    Welcome to our great community!  
    Ty cylverrayne
  • Options
    Jorach said:
    Hello @Rhapsody o/ and welcome to the community smile
    Ty jorach
  • Options
    Welcome to the community. Hope you have fun on the forum.
  • Options
    Thx you Relwoh
  • Options
    Hello, and welcome!
  • Options
    Thanks Moby !
  • Options
    A new pair of feet for the sandals. Welcome to our pilgrimage into new and hopeful lands.
  • Options
    Grisu said:
    A new pair of feet for the sandals. Welcome to our pilgrimage into new and hopeful lands.
    My feet are sore already from all the steps ive taken into other people's worlds. I never tire of the adventure though. Ty  Grisu. 
  • Options
    As a fellow late-yet-too-early hopeful gamer... I, too, welcome you to the community! :blush:
  • Options
    Thx NewADance
  • Options
    Welcome to our community @Rhapsody :)
  • Options
    The promise of adventure into the unknown is what we are here for after all. Yes I dare to speak for everyone, fight me.! :>
  • Options
    Welcome @Rhapsody! I played a bit of the Lineage 2 beta as well, was interesting but I never bought the game. I was still wrapped up in EQ back then. Good to see you here! Always good to have a new gaming vet!
  • Options
    Thx @lexmax
  • Options

Mazikar said:
    Welcome @Rhapsody! I played a bit of the Lineage 2 beta as well, was interesting but I never bought the game. I was still wrapped up in EQ back then. Good to see you here! Always good to have a new gaming vet!
    I was in the korean, thai, and NA betas. It was a lot of fun. That was a true beta. In fact it was more if an alpha as many of the quests were incomplete.

quest text: "you need to find captain eleynn. Try looking south of here."

no joke that was your direction, and it was fun stumbling and bumbling your way through quests.

~ Rhapsody ~
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Welcome! :smiley: I myself come from from Black Desert, but stopped playing because of the developer's too big of a focus on the cash shop and p2w. I played Runescape a while back (2006) but stopped that as well.  I now lay my hopes and dreams to this MMO. I've had Ashes in the back of my mind for a while now, but cannot ignore it anymore :p 
  • Options
    @syl yah i was ignoring AoC. Was abit concerned about the referral program and with their crowdfunding in general. However, the game looks too good to ignore right now and i want to know more.

~ Rhapsody ~
  • Options
    Welcome @Rhapsody! Lineage 2  <3!
  • Options
    @Goat Thanks! Yes Lineage II was my first MMO and I still have such wonderful love and memories of moving through swamps.. scared to death as mobs gang'd up on me. I mean how many MMO's do you go into where you are literally scared to walk around the next corner in a dungeon? In lineage II there were times when I was generally nervous about making that mistake of pulling 2 mobs instead of one. Just 2. .. because god da@$#~! if they wouldn't chase you halfway around the world! :)

~ Rhapsody ~
  • Options
    Tough to say late when we have a long way to go!  Welcome to the community!!!
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    Tough to say late when we have a long way to go!  Welcome to the community!!!
    Which is why I said late.. maybe early? :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-C_Of951RQ

~ Rhapsody ~

• Options
    Late - or early? - you're still part of the community now @Rhapsody, and very welcome!
  • Options
    Welcome.  

Nice chatting for a few minutes today.  :)

• Options
    tugowar said:
    Welcome.  

Nice chatting for a few minutes today.  :)

Thanks tug you too :wink:

~ Rhapsody ~