Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Voice Linked Emotes

@S1ugTrailwrites:

As we all know a lot of games are built with the function to be able to use a microphone to speak to other players or even to replace using the keyboard for typing. It's pretty simple you scroll over an emote to either click it to assign to a specific key on your keyboard or assign it to the microphone. If you click the microphone a microphone will pop up letting you know it's listening and you simply say anything to assign it to that phrase or word Etc. So if I say thank you, my character might bow if I assign that emote to that word. Of course a function like this would be disabled if the character is already in the middle of an animation. So as not to conflict anything.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a great idea for them to implement after live launch. Couple problems with it in a game that has pvp mechanics as a core pillar. Most have to make a decision concerning player animations. Like whether cast damage comes at the beginning or the end of the animation, which leads to systems like ESO had being exploited by people using animation interrupts to game the system. The first person who gets killed because his voice activated emote fired at the wrong time and he lost in pvp is going to pitch a fit of epic proportions. So, as a developer, why would you open that bag of snakes?
  • Options
    that's why I'd say restrict it to emotes only and disable it while an animation is occurring or in battle. 
  • Options
     but I do agree it would be after launch and bugs would have to be worked out