Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mounted carts

@S1ugTrail writes:

I believe it would be a cool idea to give the players the ability to purchase and or build a cart to attach to their mount. This would likely entail the mount moving much slower but the trade-off would either be to allow the player to carry more Goods in the cart or at very least use the cart as a mobile Merchant shop which of course would be assigned to the node they are currently with. Of course this aspect would be more towards the role-playing and adventuring side rather than fighting or battles. Not to mention it would be a nice addition to the camping system they talked about utilizing. Though this could lead to the risk of being robbed like the Caravans if allowed.

Comments

• Options
    Might happen in the future. But they are pretty strict on the mule system not being a workaround to the caravan system. So while you might see a nice skin, it most likely would not give you more weight carry. Right now the weight allowance of mule-type mounts (those primarily used to store inventory) is about a 10th of a caravan. While some people may find this a valid option to transport goods it will most likely be incentivized to use caravans. (though the idea of using mules to smuggle by getting to towns via off the beaten path routes is always a good idea)
  • Options
     cool didn't realize they implemented a mule system. Though I still think it would be cool to have the cart even if just for looks or simply hauling your fellow Travelers around
  • Options
    There are 4 pictures in the discord with silhouettes of mounts. There is a bit of.. a huge diversity amongst them.
    I think it would be interesting to be able to "turn" a mount into a not so effective mule, but even if it happens I guess it will only apply to a mount group simply because they would have to adjust too many things to ensure it looks right and doesn't clip.

• Options
    There are also multi-person mounts to worry about. 
    Image result for totoro cat bus meme