Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Race spec

@Puppet_Maycry writes:

can a humain(race) had been raise by an a ork and have an ork (other race) stats cause i heard that alots of peoples are kinda a worry that every mage gona be elf and every warrior gona be ork

Comments

• Options
    Has been stated that racials will impact archetype selection. Fantasy canon wise has a long history of, for example, dwarves being worse at magic than elves, orcs having relative toughness and being stronger than elves, and so on. Rather than dumbing down the racial differences, they have decided to make them relevant. So in answer to your question, will there be more elven mages than dwarves or orcs? Most likely for those that worry about theory crafting that last 1 or 2 points of dps out of their builds. Will others not care and make an orc mage or tulnar mage even though the racials may not give them any extra oomph? Yes.
  • Options
    The other side is that they are trying to break the norm on a lot of mmo things. So it is possible that dwarves can make great mages
  • Options
    Some have always strayed off the usual path and made the less likely race for the class they chose. Ashes won't be any different.  

Does my race choice influence my class?

-          Yes. Races will provide augmentation for your skills. Races will affect your stats, and stats will affect your skills and abilities. In addition, races will give unique flavors to your class archetype skills. Classes will not be restricted to certain races. Races will allow you to apply augments to your primary archetype (class).