Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Unique crafting for unique player

@Fire0horse writes:

Hello, you have mentioned in one of your Q&As that crafters gonna be unique and would craft their unique items, but myself im a big fan of mmos and have played lots.of them but when crafting is something you only level up and unlock new things to make, at some point everyone is gonna be leveling up the same and making same things you make and then you would lose your touch, for example in a game like runescape i used to play when i was a kid they introduced new armour (rune) for the first time and only one player could.actually make it because they have (the level) to make it, but a year after more than 2000 player could the same, how are you planning to make players unique regading making their own items, is there gonna be some kind of customization that would even affect it with combat?or just a (level up unlock and make) system. Thanks
btw im inlove with your game 

Comments

• Options
    The impression I got was that everything you pretty much see in Ashes of Creation needs to be crafted so there are lots of branches to go down when it comes to crafting. They will allow you to be a jack of all trade but can't make best quality items or you can focus on making less but better quality items. You will be able to engrave your name into crafterd products so players will be able to see that you're the go to person for that item. For items with stats your crafting will give you "dials" to slightly personalise stats and how you can turn those dials will depend on your artisian craft.
  • Options
    So i mean at some point people would youtube or google (how to make that weapon) for example and then they craft it and that makes 2 of the original crafter
  • Options
    That's probably still going to happen but the actual process might be more complicated and take a lot of effort in game.
    Some materials are from bosses, some from seasonal mobs and environmental materials (might be there one week and not the next) you might need to do caravan trades to other nodes to get other materials. So even if lots of players have access to the videos you're still going to have to put in the effort to craft. 

I imagine there will be multiple crafters of one product but that's better anyway cos if that crafter is offline someone else might be available for crafting.
  • Options
    As diura said, it will engrave your name into the mid-high quality gear so ppl know where to come when looking for good stuff, and by being the first to spread your crafted equipment, your name will remain as the first and be known to many ppl, compared to newcomers that can make similar equipment to yours; they will need to put the work in to sell their items, when for you, ppl come to you to order items, your name being known in the whole server.
  • Options
    Ahh ya makes sense now thanks guys :)
  • Options
    I mean it would cool if you.could colour it or add certain effect like gems to the weapon as a signature of yours
  • Options
    Something they had also stated is that there will be blueprints/designs that you can find in the world, i believe you can then either keep those to yourself or you can put forward for all to use, if you put forward then you own the rights to this design for a set period of time (think 30 days was mentioned) and you acquire currency from anyone who uses your blueprint/design.
    You are able to set the currency you acquire from these, after the set period then anyone can use the blueprint/design without paying anything.
  • Options
    Something they had also stated is that there will be blueprints/designs that you can find in the world, i believe you can then either keep those to yourself or you can put forward for all to use, if you put forward then you own the rights to this design for a set period of time (think 30 days was mentioned) and you acquire currency from anyone who uses your blueprint/design.
    You are able to set the currency you acquire from these, after the set period then anyone can use the blueprint/design without paying anything.
    This is true also :) In addition to that aswell you can decompose rare "boss" gear if you want to see how it's made and can begin to craft those :0