Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Spooky Dungeons

Title says it all, will dungeons be dark and scary with a dark and foreboding backstory to each dungeon? I would personally like to see a few jump scares with some pretty devious traps, it would also be great if they didn't go for the same type of dungeons as other MMO's. 

Comments

• Options
    There are light mechanics in place, so yes on the dark and spooky. Dungeons are a mix of procedure generated and set instance, so you can expect a whole mix of stuff.
  • Options
    A whole mix of stuff including traps and jump scares? 
  • Options
    I recommend looking at the dungeon crawl video. Since they have stated that rogues will have a role in disarming traps in dungeons, I think we can assume there will be traps. 
  • Options
    Water temple video (pre-alpha footage)

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    I would also like to see lots of different kind of dungeons and raids with different feels and atmospheres. It would be nice add if some crypt f.e. would be dark, scary and spooky with suprising situations. That would definitely add more depth to dungeons.
  • Options
    I remember one we were all afraid to enter.  It was so hard to miss falling into a pit of spiders and not find your way out.  Death was just about instant!  I hate spiders to this day!
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    I would also like to see lots of different kind of dungeons and raids with different feels and atmospheres.
    Exactly this. Diversity is the key (at least in a game...).
    I also like to work my way up. I'm pretty content to only hack some kobolds or giant rats to pieces in the first couple dungeons. Then some beastmen, maybe a troll or a minor necromancer. Save the liches, dragons and demons for later instances/raids.