Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mounts + Pets/Stablehand Job; Taming, Breeding, Selling?

2»

Comments

• Options
    That is correct. Mounts themselves will not be available for sale. Cosmetic "skins" that can be applied to a class of mount will be available to be applied from the store. So to put a turtle skin on, you would first have to acquire a turtle mount of some sort in the game.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    More time you spend and care the bigger they gets? Can they die ?
  • Options
    There is a breeding mechanic as part of the artisan trees planned. High level breeders will be able to influence things like stats, abilities, colors, and cross-breeding. Mount will decay and die over time (unconfirmed) to keep the economy from being over saturated with indestructible items. Mounts will count as items in inventory and will be "called" (confirmed). You will never lose "skins" that have been earned in game, purchased, or awarded as part of crowd-funding/pre-order packs. Skins may be applied to a single mount on your account, not every character. So if you have the Majestic Steed for example, you may apply that skin to one characters horse mount once they have one available in game to change its appearance. Certain skins will only apply to certain mount types. You will not be able to apply say a gliding skin to a regular horse. You will be able to remove those skins and put them back into account inventory to apply to another of your characters mount if desired. Gold cost or timer to do so not confirmed. All cosmetics are account locked and cannot be sold or traded to prevent RMT and other nefarious activities.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Ok soo from what i gathered from the wiki page and the streams is the animal husbandry is under the processing tree. Its a guess, but more than likely taming will be under the gathering tree. Then you can allocate skill points to the perspective catagory in the tree.

Now i had to watch deathproxy youtube video on the skills and the way he explained it, simply sounded like eso skill point system. Like you get points and you have the 3 categories then put skill points te areas you want.

Correct me if i got it wrong cause this is how i gathered it from reading and watching, then sifting through stream notes.
  • Options
    I don't think we know the specifics. I see mention of a tree which makes me think it's less open. I'm speculating that as you put points in a category it will branch off into more specialized categories, similar to the system in albion. 

He talks about you having to focus on a specific tree to become a master but i'm unsure if that means you can for example master all professions in the crafting tree or if it's more specialized then that. I'd imagine it would be more specialized but it's unclear with what we know right now.
  • Options
    Yes, taming and breeding are confirmed professions.
    hell yea.

• Options
    I don't think we know the specifics. I see mention of a tree which makes me think it's less open. I'm speculating that as you put points in a category it will branch off into more specialized categories, similar to the system in albion. 

He talks about you having to focus on a specific tree to become a master but i'm unsure if that means you can for example master all professions in the crafting tree or if it's more specialized then that. I'd imagine it would be more specialized but it's unclear with what we know right now.
    I see, yea that looks way better than the pic i had in my head.
  • Options
    Image result for path of exile skill tree
    I keep thinking something like Path of the Exile skill tree, well with differences of course but more or less something like this for skill trees ;3
  • Options
    Really looking forward to hearing more about this, the taming/breeding really added a lot of fun for me personally in ArcheAge and Black Desert.
  • Options
    Hope we can have the option of neutering mounts. 
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError No on the wiki it said that the mounts can be resurrected even if killed in combat. So this already does shed some light that their economy is not going to be as player driven as they claim as I would assume that the item degradation would be minor if not laughable.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Tomoyuki said:
    @UnknownSystemError No on the wiki it said that the mounts can be resurrected even if killed in combat. So this already does shed some light that their economy is not going to be as player driven as they claim as I would assume that the item degradation would be minor if not laughable.
    Just because you can rez a mount when it's killed doesn't mean that it can't have durability that would cause it to eventually break. We know that there are some items like harvesting tools that will break and have info on the gear related sinks. It's hard for me to imagine their being no sinks related to mounts.

It's the balance between the creation and degradation systems that creates the economy, not the degradation system alone.