Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Would you like to see Regionalized Guild Recruitment Sub-Boards on the Forums?

Considering that we know there will be Regional servers for AoC, would it be a good idea for the Guild Recruitment board on the forums to have Sub-boards for each Region rather than one conglomerate board for all Regions?

Comments

• Options
    Also, could the guild leader announcement thread leave general?
  • Options
    Yes let me move that to the Guild_Recruitment board as an Announcement

• Options
    I voted yes because all the other kids did and I want them to think I'm cool
  • Options
    This had crossed my mind before, but then, i know there are guilds who are attempting to be 'universal', and have 24/7 activity across regions.. 

I'd say yes to regional, but also include a subboard for 'regionless'. :)
  • Options
    Wraeven said:
    This had crossed my mind before, but then, i know there are guilds who are attempting to be 'universal', and have 24/7 activity across regions.. 

I'd say yes to regional, but also include a subboard for 'regionless'. :)
    They could just make 2 posts.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    I voted yes simply because you would probably want to be on the most local servers possible for better ping rate.

HOWEVER.......will we be able to choose the region we play on even if it's not the most optimal? What if I'm on the west coast and all my friends from previous games are on the European region? Would I be able to join them if I wanted?

And to those guilds who want to maintain a presence in multiple regions I say go for it if you want but what purpose does it serve if you will never be able to meet someone from another region in game?
  • Options
    I voted yes simply because you would probably want to be on the most local servers possible for better ping rate.

HOWEVER.......will we be able to choose the region we play on even if it's not the most optimal? What if I'm on the west coast and all my friends from previous games are on the European region? Would I be able to join them if I wanted?

And to those guilds who want to maintain a presence in multiple regions I say go for it if you want but what purpose does it serve if you will never be able to meet someone from another region in game?
    there aren't any geo blocks so you can join what ever region you wanted too :smile:

• Options
    There is no need to add complexity to the system by segregating users into different forum regions, unless of course, the current one becomes overwhelmed with the sheer number of recruitment posts. This whole issue is easily solved by just adding [NA], [EU]...so on in front of your topic. 

Unless....you want a bunch of copy/paste messages?

IMO simplicity will always be the better choice, unless it becomes too 'busy'. 
  • Options
    Yes! The current guild recruitment threads are unwieldy and impossible to navigate. I'd also recommend an anti-necro policy to prevent excessive self-promotion :)
  • Options
    Can we have a specific sub for just Karthos-themed guilds?
  • Options
    Can we have a specific sub for just Karthos-themed guilds?
    No, for the love of God!.
  • Options
    yes, that would make a lot of sense to me.
  • Options
    Some guilds have members from all those regions; as long as they can post in all of them, I'd be for it; otherwise, not so much.
  • Options
    Yes! Also on Discord when they bring sub channels, please. 
  • Options
    I voted yes because it will help new people. However as being in one of those multi-region guilds - guilds like us would also appreciate a Regionless Sub-Board :) Will also help those guilds that have yet to decide what region they will play in ^^
  • Options

Less Undecided and more Other.

If we are having regional servers and server specific boards, I would like to see server-specific guild recruiting/looking for guild daughter boards, rather than just regional boards.

If I'm playing on less-popular Encephalon (US East), I don't really want to have to also look through all the guilds recruiting for way-popular Arbitrage (US East).

• Options
    Yes, now its all in [EU] or [US] forums would smooth that out. ++
  • Options
    I think there should be boards for regions and a board for general/intermingling. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Regional guild  sub-boards yes. As long as it only pertains to guild recruitment.   The main forums should stay as they are while Ashes is in development.
    That is where the whole community shares ideas and helps guide new members while Ashes progresses.

"would it be a good idea for the Guild Recruitment board on the forums to have Sub-boards for each Region rather than one conglomerate board for all Regions?"

• Options
    No brainer, if it's done with ease a little more overview organisation is appreciated to find what you want faster.
  • Options
    Splitting them up in 3 regions makes it more manageable for people to see what is available instead of the current mess that it is now.  
  • Options
    I do think this should happen, but not yet. The active community is still pretty small. Too early to fracture atm
  • Options
    Thank you for those who have participated thus far. I will keep this poll open a short while longer for any additional input <3
  • Options
    Voted no on the basis that separating forums by regions at this stage may dilute community interaction. There are many that may not end up playing in their region.

That being said, I would prefer to see the opportunity sub-forums based on language which may widen the audience and player base!

Language is not bound by region.
  • Options
    yes, I have nothing against guilds from other continents, just agaisnt my ping would I play on their servers.

I will only join EU guilds, so I would like to have an EU page.
  • Options
    At minimum there should be some kind of region tagging/sorting, but I doubt the forums can handle that.