Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Giveaway Contest: Why Are You Excited for Ashes of Creation?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sarumonin said:
    I'm happy to announce this little giveaway for anyone that wanted to go to PAX, but couldn't afford the tickets themselves. The prize is the PAX Attendee Pack available on the store. Please only participate if you are able to make it to PAX but simply can't get the PAX tickets themselves. 

To participate simply let us know why you are most excited about Ashes of Creation. 

Winners will be chosen August 28th.
    I'm very excited. Gaiscioch is waiting with baited breath to see if this works out for all of us.  We have been watching this since the announcement came out.  I personally, like any game that will let groups/guilds play together as a team effort.  I love helping guild players with their quests and battles.
  • Options
    Most promising mmo in a while and its my first time being able to actually follow the game and its developement pretty much all the way from the start. I love the dev team and the community is top quality. Can not wait to play this game and dive into its immersive world and get lost haha.
  • Options
    EVERYTHING. In all seriousness though. It looks like a wonderful design and the Tulnar have a lot of my attention right now. I truly expect great things from AoC don't let me down!
  • Options
    I'm most excited for the animal husbandry and seeing what awesome mounts/pets will come from it.
  • Options
    When you first enter a video game you've never seen before, it's fascinating and beautiful, you can point out all the unique little things about it that you fell in love with right away. I'm looking for this feeling again, I want to stay up all night with a group of my friends and explore this world, I have never gotten this feeling out of any game in a long while. P,ease Intrepid, I really need this.
  • Options

TL;DR at bottom for my ADD brethren (and sistren?).

I’ve been in MMORPG retirement for over 6 years. The last MMORPGs I genuinely enjoyed were EQ2 and vanilla WoW. I continued playing WoW and other new MMOs on and off for years, but nothing held my interest for very long. What was changing? Was I passed my MMORPG prime? Regardless the actual reason, sometime during WoW Cataclysm I decided to call it quits. I felt I had a solid MMO career and had come to accept retirement. I've continued playing non-MMORPGs and retirement truly hasn’t been too bad.

Reflecting on MMOs over the last decade, there have been countless MMO hype trains but all were destined for disappointment or constant delays. I cherish my memories playing classics like DAoC, vanilla WoW, and SoE classics EQ, and EQ2, but haven’t found any worthy MMORPGs since. The EQ Next hype train was the most recent train I’ve been aboard and we all know how that turned out. To avoid the MMO hype train emotional roller-coaster I simply stopped getting excited about MMOs and rarely perused the internet for the latest MMO news.

A few weeks ago, my brother mentioned Ashes of Creation and how the development team consists of several former EQ and EQ2 devs. Reluctantly, I decided to see what it’s all about.

PvE and PvP – Pretty standard, should be neat.

Sieges – I loved this part of DAoC.

Tons of classes – Great, I like to have options.

Node system – Wow, this seems like an awesomely innovative player/environment system.

And it’s being produced by former EQ and EQ2 devs.. What is this? Something's rising.. my hopes?

I don’t want to undersell the features of this game – they sound phenomenal – but that’s not what caught my attention. It was Intrepid Studios earning my confidence through twitch streams and Q&As that caught my attention. I genuinley feel confident that Intrepid Studios and their awesome dev team will not create another mundane MMORPG, but will convert their vision and ideas into a truly outstanding game and do so in the reasonable amount of time they scheduled.

So, all aboard! Choo choo! I’m excited to officially board the AoC hype train and am looking forward to coming out of MMORPG retirement.

TL;DR

Haven’t played MMORPGs in years. Haven’t found anything worthy since EQ, EQ2, DAoC, vanilla WoW. AoC caught my attention. Not only am I excited for the features of the game, but I’m confident in Intrepid Studios ability to make the game in the reasonable amount of time they scheduled. I'm all aboard the hype train, choo choo, and look forward to coming out of MMORPG retirement.

• Options
    I am very excited for Ashes for the fact MMO's is what brought me together with my fiance. Though we have different tastes in them so we have bounced from varying MMO's with the hope of finding one we both enjoy. Alas, we have not found one, to many get ruined by pay to win or just toxic player community. Then came along Ashes, a game that promises and looks to be exactly what we've been waiting for. To hopeful adventures and new stories in the future!!!
  • Options
    Well, firstly, I live ~20m N of downtown Seattle, but have never managed to snag tickets to PAX, always sell out before I can get them.  I might have jumped on a AoC VIP PAX package, but I heard about it too late and just didn't feel the price of the normal ticket package.  I've already sprung for Braver of Worlds and that's about as much as I can do for now.

I went a little large for AoC, because its the first game that I've felt was worth backing.  I'm an old MUDer and MMO player, played most of the non-Korean dev'd (and a lot of Korean) and I've watched how the genre has evolved over the last couple of decades.

I think that Ashes of Creation will be one of the last "true" MMORPGs that we'll see.  The startup costs are just too great for most developers, these days, due in most part, to outrageous launch expectations by players, which are based on other large aging games that they've played or are playing.  That leaves a very high risk for a new game, to come out and compete with a decade of content and player entrenchment and a lot of publishers and VC's, just don't feel they're a good investment.

So, I'm glad to see that Ashes of Creation was able to generate the revenue that they needed from a Kickstarter and due to the excitement that I've seen from the team, I honestly believe that they will be able to do great things with it.

This might be one of the last of the MMOs, so it needs to be big.  I've been watching new games, that try to claim the MMO genre tag, actually shrink in size, be it server sizes, community sizes (a lot chose to limit guilds to low sizes and focus on Guild vs. Guild content) which has taken the "Massively" out of genre and turned the genre into more of a Persistent Open-World Multiplayer that makes it harder to randomly group with a large pool of players and, as a result, expand their ability to socialize and meet new friends.

I'm with Gaiscioch (people familiar with them, may recognize my name).  We're a large gaming community and hoping we can establish a new Chapter here, but we do have a list of very stringent criteria, most of which focus on exactly what I discussed above.  We're made for MMOs, but we have been unable to find a new game to expand into, with the guild capacity that we need, due to the changes in community designs of the modern MMO genre.

We're all very hopeful for Ashes of Creation.  Barring a cut in maximum guild capacity sizes, or at least having an Alliance (chat) system implemented, we very much hope to find a new home for our interested members here.  Kind of praying, because there's nothing else now, or on the horizon, that comes close to meeting our needs.

That's pretty much it.  I'm expecting a lot out of you folks and based on the level of enthusiasm that I've seen from the AoC team, I can honestly say, that I feel confident that you all will deliver a spectacular game, in spades.
  • Options
    I've always had trouble getting into MMOs, for one reason or another. I feel like this one is going to be the one I stick with.
  • Options
    I just got into gaming within the past year, I began playing to have something in common with my boyfriend whom I have been with for the past year. When him and I met, we started playing an MMO called Riders of Icarus. As time went on we grew bored of the game and started playing games without each other, which of course led to us not spending as much time together. I have tried playing other MMOs he has gotten into such as Black Dessert, but I find no excitement in it. We started to make different friends in different games and our communication dwindled to whenever the other got up to get a drink or go to the bathroom. Then he happened to find out about ashes. We both saved up the money to get founders packs and are extremely excited for this game to come out. Not only for the amazing looking graphics and gameplay, but for the simple fact we will find another game we both enjoy and be able to play together with all of our friends, plus be able to repair our lack of communication. So not only will ashes hopefully bring a new love for MMO's for me, but it will most likely repair my relationship. 
  • Options
    I am most excited to see a brand new MMO that won't be Pay2Win, as well as the node system!
  • Options
    I am most exited about this game because its an MMO like no other. When I saw it two months ago i was captivated by the stunning game-play mechanic, graphics, cinematic and things that makes Ashes of Creation its own thing. I believe this game can bring back what other MMO RPG games fail to bring to the gamers. 

we are with you all ride long
  • Options
     I am excited about ashes of creation because I am looking forward for a new MMO that is more interactive with the player  and is more realistic. I've always wanted to live in a fantasy world and this seems like the closest thing that I can get.  So To hear that a game is been created by an MMORPG player, it makes me wonder whether or notA gamer can build a game. I think ashes of creation will set a new standard for the MMORPG genre. The second this game comes out you bet I will be  grinding  on it   Constantly.
  • Options
    Why am I excited for Ashes of Creation? The pissibility of an MMO with Australian servers. Sure I'll still play NA with my guild, bit to be able to play with low ping solo or in a small group on the side will be absolute heaven for me. 
    I hope the Oceanic servers go ahead during release so that I may experience it.

G E T  H Y P E
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    --VOID--
  • Options
    Customizability in an ever changing world. Can I only pick 1 thing that's not fair! I backed star citizen because of the large scope and sheer amount of possibities to express myself and my ever changing interest. Ashes of Creation has possibilities and large scope markets cornered. Just reading discussions on the discord on how different people plan to interact with the game is quite possibly going to make this the next WoW for the next decade or two. If I win or not keep up the great work!
  • Options
    I'm excited for the developer team mostly, it's nice to have someone who understands the frustrations with the community. I'm super happy about having Elves and great character creation! The combat system also seems pretty nice to me so far ^^ Most importantly we can get married ingame!
  • Options
    I got excited for Ashes of Creation initially because it looked like such a farfetched dream of a game. I have sense changed my perspective on the game and see it as more of the social hub and community that vanilla WOW once was. The people are friendly and inviting the devs have so much passion in what they do and are true mmorpg players themselves that I believe they could actually pull this Herculean task off and be the next (please excuse the pun) REINCARNATION of WOW. It has been such a long time since an MMO has pulled me in like this and I believe that if anyone can deliver on their promises it the team over at Intrepid studios.
  • Options
    The idea that the people i choose to spend my time with will be able to see the results of our effort in the world and that others will be able to see the work we put forward.

As Shakespear wrote: 

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;
    And gentlemen in England now a-bed
    Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here"
  • Options
    I've been looking for a solid MMO with good content overall, that could offer players the liberty to do whatever they want. So far AoC seems to meet these expectations !

Especially looking forward to PvP !
  • Options
    The contest is now closed. We will choose our winner via a video/stream tomorrow! 

Good luck to everyone!
  • Options
    Congratulations @Taleteller!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.