Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Hello Everyone :3

Hi Ashes community, I have never been so excited for a game until now. Growing up, I was never allowed to play video/computer games, my parents believed they were a waste of time. Went off to college and met an awesome guy who was into MMOs. Long story short, we started dating and he showed how awesome games can be and how you can get lost in them. He told me about Ashes and we both backed it on Kickstarter (I did Settler). To be honest, I have never played anything like this before. So any tips you guys have would be helpful. Can't wait for the game to be released and to play with all of you!
~TinyTigris

Comments

• tinytigris Welcome to our community.  We all have high hopes for Ashes.  There are many great people here who are more then will to help you.  We are getting information little by little and it's starting to add up.  Our biggest wish is that it will be ready to play sooner rather then later!
  • Welcome! :)

~ Rhapsody ~
  • Welcome @tinytigris! This looks to be a great game to start to get into MMO's! 

• Welcome to the community. I hope you have fun on the forums.
  • Welcome  to the community ;)
  • Guess your parent's have never played them, sadly...how could they know?
    But you know differently @tinytigris - so You Play Your Socks Off!
    Great you have you (both) with us! Welcome!
  • Welcome aboard once you get playing MMO's its hard to stop if you can find a good one to invest your time in, its a 2nd world of sorts with all sorts of fun adventures to have and places to explore. You can meet some awesome/awful people in them but that is just like life!

• Hello and a warm welcome to the Community =)
  • Welcome @tinytigris :) rwarr!
  • Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes  <3 
  • Welcome to the greatest community to exist thus far @tinytigris, enjoy the party!
  • Welcome! Ive been into mmo games sence I was able to weild a mouse. ;) Its lots of fun and with flexable games great for the imagination! I played all sorts of imaginary games on Ultima Online with my sibilings when I was little. This game brings to the forefront my own idea of the way games SHOULD have gone!
  • Welcome!

So wait... Is this your first MMO? That's quite an investment if it's your first. Especially since you might not enjoy the genre in the end.
  • @tinytigris
    Welcome! Always a pleasure meeting new faces to Ashes, let alone the genre that is the Mmo-rpg community. ^^
  • Fanzhon said:
    Welcome!

So wait... Is this your first MMO? That's quite an investment if it's your first. Especially since you might not enjoy the genre in the end.
    Yes, this will be my very first MMO. I tried the trial for WOW, because my boyfriend had been playing WOW for about 10 years and I enjoyed watching him, I had a lot of fun with that. But him and his friends did PVP and I was more interested in PVE. Plus I was in school and working all the time, so I didn't have much time to play. But now I have the time and money to get invested in a game and Ashes seemed like a good start because I would be starting the same time as everyone else and it isn't like I'm joining and trying to find people to play with after the game has been out for years.
  • Welcome. ^^ I still remember when I started my first MMO, it's definitely important to start out with a very promising game and I think Ashes will be able to fulfill that role.
    Have fun!
  • Welcome, have fun in the forums.