Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Why Are You Here?

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited August 2017 in The Newly Arrived
In this discussion I want to hear the communities reasons for pursuing Ashes of Creation. Why do you want to play? What about MMORPGs entice you? What do you think this game will bring to your experience that other games have not?

My Answer: I simply like to push the limits. I enjoy games that push the limits of my creativity. I enjoy games that push the limits of my hardware(my Pc), and I enjoy games that push my ability. I never want to feel like im doing "enough". I desire a struggle so I may overcome it.

Whats yours?

Comments

• Options
    Image result for welcome to the party pal gif
  • Options
    I want to play this game because it looks great and the node system is such a good idea. Being able to help build up a city is really cool. I love playing with other people and that's why MMORPGs excite me. The node system will make playing the game so different from any other MMORPG, because you can interact with the environment and have influence over it like no other game I have ever played.

Welcome to the community. Hope you have fun on the forum.
  • Options
    I only found this game 3 days ago,I don't have a long history of playing MMO's like this apart from GuildWars,but based on what I have read about the game and what this community has been discussing I personally can't wait to play and be a part of a world with such depth in character and lore,then combine it with the artwork that is AoC, and then add what seems to be a great community... what more needs to be said.    :wink::smiley:
  • Options
    You have been assimilated into the Ashes collective @cfuhrmann0512, enjoy your stay ;)
  • Options
    For me, mainly, it's the fact that devs are clearly doing their genuine best to hear what is important to me in a game. So that I can play the game in the way I want, develop the characters, and their strengths and abilities I want to.
    Also, for the first time, I do feel part of a genuine group of people who have the same 'gaming heart.'  It counts for a lot.
    Oh! - and of course: - Welcome to the Community @cfuhrmann0512.
  • Options
    Two big reasons for me are the focus on community and world impact. I want a game where you don't just enter a queue for a group to explore content but make connections and want to explore new areas with friends and when we achieve something massive I want to feel like it made a significant impact.
  • Options
    Hello @cfuhrmann0512 o/ and welcome to the community smile
  • Options
    Welcome @cfuhrmann0512! I love the background of the developers, many of the games they have made I have loved, EverQuest, PlanetSide, EQ2, Vanguard and Xcom are all games I have sunk hours... even years playing. What I have seen thus far makes me believe I will enjoy this game as well.

Welcome to the party!  
  • Options
    My reason for being here is that I am amazed by what Intrepid Studios managed to achieve in such a short time.

I strongly believe that IS is a competent developer and therefore I also believe they will take good care of their game both developmentally and while publishing.

Not to mention that I like the graphics and gameplay (what we could see so far), as well as the ideas the team has to bring into the game.
  • Options
    Welcome to the team, I am here for the free meth and cheap drinks!
  • Options
    Cause i hope this is the next thing :) Welcome :)
  • Options
    I came here after seeing the Winter themed promo video on YouTube and immediately got hooked. I think I share the sentiment of everyone in hoping that Ashes is the next big game in a genre we love <3
  • Options
    i was here in the infancy last fall and was hooked immediately

when they mentioned "breeding" i was in
  • Options
    L-a-s-h said:
    i was here in the infancy last fall and was hooked immediately

when they mentioned "breeding" i was in
    There is clearly so much I need to read,not enough hours... might have to quit work   :wink:  :wink:  :wink:
  • Options
    Hey, welcome!

I'm here for the fun, but also the challenge. I haven't really played an MMO since I was a child. It'll be interesting to take this game a bit more seriously than I ever took an MMO before. I want to work together with loads of other people who want to cooperate and see what happens. 
  • Options
    Sigalov said:
    Hey, welcome!

I'm here for the fun, but also the challenge. I haven't really played an MMO since I was a child. It'll be interesting to take this game a bit more seriously than I ever took an MMO before. I want to work together with loads of other people who want to cooperate and see what happens. 
    Same here,I have a few mates who are keen to play so,we are going to make a small guild and see what happens..   :smiley:
  • Options
    Is that 512 an area code?  

gig em aggies? 

Still looking for my ags.