Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Solution to world PvP restriction

Since this game is designed to make the players build the world, instead of random punishments from nowhere, I have a other suggestion to limit PvP.

Allow players to hire NPC guards and give a option to build guard towers/guard posts.
These guards could be then used to patrol in selected locations, like around the cities, on the roads etc.

This way the players could create zones, where PvP is limited, as the NPC-s would defend the players inside it. Ofc they would not be unkillable NPC-s, and one would need to pay to them regularly in order to keep them.

This could be further improved, by things like:
-customizable guards, i.e: the players would put gear on those npcs(so their power would depend on the equipment)
-the owner(be it player or a city, whoever pays for them) could set their hostility. Like attack non-citizens, attack players with negative karma(player who kills many unflaged players).
-Maybe one should choice to supply the NPCs(constantly give food, gear, ammo, etc.) to them, which would result in reduced upkeep cost.

This would not only give a limited protection to players who do things in those areas, but it would also strengthen the node's defenses, so a another new PvP opportunity would be the attack on those guard towers/posts.

Comments

• Options
    Here is the system that they are going with. They have no intention of reworking the system. They understand that some people may not like it, but I believe the prevailing attitude was "tough cookies" if you look at any livestream where this is discussed in length by the developers.
    http://www.ashesofcreation-the-odyssey.com/2017/07/pvp-flagging-and-corruption-system.html
  • Options
    I like the way the PvP system currently works. PvP should be encouraged, griefing should not. 
    I believe the that the system in place will keep it together very well, even though people might still find a workaround somewhere to grief other players.
  • Options
    Annatar said:
    I too have a solution!  

If you kill a non-combatant you get a debuff (that stacks) that makes you less effective in combat, makes it so that everyone in the game world can kill you without penalty, and gives you a chance to lose gear and gain some nasty XP debt if you die.  The best part is you can totally avoid getting the debuff if you avoid killing non-combatants.
    A radical idea. I am truly shocked and amazed no one had thought of it before.
  • Options
    @Annatar
    wait, thats exactly what they are doing.
  • Options
    Image result for wink gif