Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What gathering professions there will or should be?

Some upcoming gathering profession are pretty obvious, but are we going to see something rarely used or are we going with quite basic set? I guess we will see at least these:
  • Lumberjack
  • Miner 
  • Herbalist
  • Farmer
  • Gemology
  • Skinner
  • Harvester
  • Fisher
Harvester is for fiber to get cloth. Do we need stonecutter as well? Could stonecutter and gemology be under same gatherer, "geology" or "mineralist" perhaps? 

Comments

• Cartographer would be great too - not a gatherer of materials I do realise, but of information transformed onto a map - but that takes as much going out to discover  and 'capture' as all the others, I'd suggest.
  • Cartographer would be great too - not a gatherer of materials I do realise, but of information transformed onto a map - but that takes as much going out to discover  and 'capture' as all the others, I'd suggest.
    Well maps, spellbooks and such can be done from paper and papermass is got from trees and fiber so i think that part will be covered. ;) 
  • This was addressed in an earlier livestream. No plans for scribe or scribe like profession at launch. May come later as an update on live.
  • I'm glad that they separated gemology and miner, I feel the two are a little too different to clump them up as much as some other games have done.
  • Kanianspi said:
    I'm glad that they separated gemology and miner, I feel the two are a little too different to clump them up as much as some other games have done.
    Please realize that nothing has come out from Intrepid regarding this, it is all player conjecture at this point.
  • This was addressed in an earlier livestream. No plans for scribe or scribe like profession at launch. May come later as an update on live...'

I know - but I can dream, can't I?  :'(
  • Balance can be a problem to general and everyone can do everything to specialized and you basically seed the ground work for crafting bots ( also called alts) .