Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will the Combat be alive enough q.q

I´ve loved every single thread i read about this game so far, because im a big fan of changing the world by ourselves and this kind of The Division PvP system !! So this is really, but i guess we all feel the same here, my most eagerly anticipated game (MMO) ever. 

But i saw way to many MMO´s with good potential dying because of a bad combat system q.q.
I'm so worried this will happen to Ashes of Creation because combat is very important for me to keep playing it thrilled for weeks and months. Together with every aspect that thrilled me so much about AoC until now a good Combat System would develop it to a game i would play for years and years, really giving in my time and money for this constantly. 

Especially because the PvP system is so open and free, so realistic and revolutionary it just HAS to come with a great and thrilling Combat System q.q I beg you dont dissapoint me Q.Q

Comments

• Options
    You will get to see around 20 percent of what the combat development looks like next week in the livestreams from PAX.
  • Options
    In addition to what @UnknownSystemError said, we will have the next two years to test the game and help Intrepid make the combat system as polished and rewarding as possible :)
  • Options
    That sounds awesome lexmax :) thanks for the fast answers
    im even more exited now :blush:  
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    In addition to what @UnknownSystemError said, we will have the next two years to test the game and help Intrepid make the combat system as polished and rewarding as possible :)
    I can't wait to get my grubby lil fingers all over this game...   :D
  • Options
    Here's a lil video i found about concerns that i would support... Maybe theres good stuff in the comment section as well so intrepid can get some good feed back.
    https://youtu.be/FdNuuWPjsU4
  • Options
    I guess my main questions is this. Is this gonna be a stand where you are boring tab target system like wow and every other boring combat system in the mmo world?
  • Options
    Haha
    NWO and Wildstar are not stand where you are MMORPGs.

Ashes has both tab-target and action abilities. The game design allows players to choose whether they want to focus on tab-target abilities or action abilities.

At PAX, it seemed like I was able to break the tab-target by running out of range and/or placing obstacles between me and my opponent(s).
  • Options
    Wildstar has a great combat system played it loved it exactly my point I can move while I cast shoot swing hit, I am gonna wait and see about this game they don't talk much about their combat system that is bothersome to me.
  • Options
    Well from what I have seen so far your combat system needs a lot of work folks, take every element outta of this game If your combat system is not new improved up to date as say wildstar gw2 secret world legends then your just another tab target system which is the same ole same ole. I say this from what footage I have seen on youtube and the comments made by most. Hope this changes we shall see.
  • Options
    Ashes combat is hybrid tab-target/action.
    The design is not like any other MMORPG I've seen.
    You will just have to wait until more of the design is implemented and you get some hands-on to really know.