Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

New types of quests

I think we all have done the basic kill and collect quests and the go here go there and talk to this person and while I don't think they are exactly terrible I think a lot of us would enjoy something new. I know that everyone is super worried about combat being boring but we can't forget that a interesting questing system is just as important arguably more important. So lets discuss new types of quests we would like to see in ashes. There are no bad ideals even if you want a quest where you make pancakes just tell me how you think it will work. XD

Comments

• Options
    While we all admire the enthusiasm, this has been a weekly topic for literally the past 4 weeks. There are multiple livestreams that address their vision on questing and how it will differ from your typical themepark and fit more with their themebox theme. Please refer to those excellent threads from weeks past, or go to aocwiki.net and get your fill of the envisioned questing system. I realize the search function doesn't work, but you'll basically spend the same amount of time looking yourself as I would having to go through and link all the relevant references.
  • Options
    Thx I actually did try searching for quests but nothing came up. I thought no one was talking about it but search being broken makes more sense. I will definitely look for other discussions on this topic and check out the wiki. But if anyone still wants to talk about quests in this thread I'm still listening. The pancake joke in the first post give me ideal that you have to gather the ingredients and bake one and use it as bait for a monster that you then fight or maybe after the pancakes you get a ride to someplace for another quest idk something like that.
  • Options
    Here are some resources for you the help explain the questing system we have in Ashes :)

https://ashesofcreation.gamepedia.com/Quests : This resource talks about the different quest types that the Devs discussed in a stream ^^ 

http://aocwiki.net/Questing : This resource has more Q&A details ^^

And in addition -
    Someone on discord came up with the idea of a Player Billboard in which you can set a "gold" quest reward and design a "gathering resources" type quest. The Player can pick from a pool of creatures/plants etc within the nodes zone of influence and set a quantity of what they are looking for. Quest giver gets their materials - player gatherer gets their gold. Sounded like a fun alternative to a gatherer/sell via stall. If I remember right the discord person was saying that the billboards would be located on your freehold as a method to encourage people to visit nearby freeholds when out doing your other quests and dailies ^^

I thought it was a neat idea ^^
  • Options
    Thank you Diura the ideal you found about the quest board, it being on the freeholds was exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of. All the links I have seen and the streams have been very general unlike the quest board ideal you mentioned. But I could have missed something. Anyway guys  what I'm looking for is more stuff to put on the quest board but unique stuff gathering is pretty basic and then we can poke holes in them if we see any.